Weekly Meal Plan - February 26

roast chickenEven though creating a weekly meal plan may sound silly to some, we are finding it extremely beneficial.

We love being organized and a meal plan helps with that. Each week we know exactly what we need to buy to make our meals. That prevents us from randomly walking through the grocery store picking up whatever catches our attention, only to possibly throw it out a few weeks later because we never got around to using it.

Our meal plan is full of simple meals which allows us to spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing other things that we enjoy.

Here is our meal plan for the week of February 26.

meal plan

• Shilpan

Shilpan 02/26/2012 8:09 p.m. #

Nice list; it looks healthy too. Way to go. :)

• Drew @ Epicfinances.com

Drew @ Epicfinances.com 02/27/2012 12:15 a.m. #

The big thing about planning out the groceries is actually sticking to the plan! That tends to be a problem in my household :P

• Dave @ Gen Y Finances

Dave @ Gen Y Finances 02/27/2012 12:22 p.m. #

I think making a meal plan would really benefit me. I swear I am in the grocery store like 3 or 4 times a week because I never plan what I am going to eat.

Tackling Our Debt 02/27/2012 12:28 p.m. #

Sometimes pre-planning isn't that much fun because we don't always know what we will be in the mood for on a given day, but maybe give it a try for one week and see what happens.

Like you I use to go to the grocery store several times a week. Now because of this plan and the fact that I know I need to add every receipt to my budget I only go once a week.

• Barb Friedberg

Barb Friedberg 02/28/2012 8:09 p.m. #

True confession... I think meal planning is a great idea, but I have been unable to master that skill. I love the chart, maybe I should try it on the computer to make it more fun!

Tackling Our Debt 02/29/2012 11:45 a.m. #

At first I wasn't sure about it, but now I love how it takes away the worry about what to make each day.

• SB @ FPR

SB @ FPR 03/01/2012 5:38 a.m. #

I am feeling hungry seeing all this. An important part of budget is meal planning.You are doing good.