Friday's Circle of Friends - March 23 - The Late Edition

circle of friendsSometimes you just need to take a break. Right?

Sometimes you need to plan a quick weekend getaway to re-energize your mind and your body.

Other times you have a huge list of things that you need to do in and outside of your home and you just can't seem to relax until you get them done. At least I can't!

And sometimes you just need a quiet weekend alone to de-stress and relax.

My husband and I love it when our house is clean and clutter-free. So for us the last couple of days have been about getting things done around the house.

While it is too soon to be doing anything outside, as we still have snow on the ground, we did manage to find a number of things that needed to be done inside.

So instead of writing blog posts and networking, these last couple of days have been filled with cleaning the entire house, getting almost all of the laundry done, and baking 3 loaves of bread, including my favourite raisin bread.

And when it comes to our grocery budget I am happy to say that except for buying things like butter, milk and salad stuff, we actually haven’t needed to do a full grocery shopping in over 3 weeks. Our freezer is full from some amazing deals we found at the end of February and we are just working our way through what we have. In April we will need to do a weekend of preparing some of our favourite freezer meals as well.

Because we were so busy the past few days I didn’t get a chance to do my usual Friday Circle of Friend’s Post. So here it is! Here are some of my favourite and very interesting posts written by fellow bloggers over the past several weeks. Take a look and enjoy!

Ashley at Money Talks wrote a post titled Why the Roth is Better Than a Traditional IRA

Average Joe at the free financial advisor wrote about Unclaimed Money – Your Own Personal Treasure Hunt

Emily at Evolving Personal Finance wrote a post titled What Does “Frugal” Mean to You?

Jason at WorkSaveLive wrote a post titled 6 Things You Must Discuss Before You Get Married

Michelle at See Debt Run wrote a post about The Art of DIY

AmericanDebtProject wrote a post about Why We Plateau and What to Do Next

Canadian Budget Binder published a guest post A Cash Honeymoon Worth Waiting For- These Canadians are Off to Las Vegas…

Marissa at Thirty Six Months wrote a post about Where to Find Free Personal Finance Software

And for chocolate lovers everywhere - homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars

Comments

• CanadianBudgetBinder

CanadianBudgetBinder 03/24/2012 3:59 p.m. #

Hi,
      Thanks for adding me in your Friday's Circle of Friends. I just love hearing "Paid In Cash' stories from my Fans and I think it's important to showcase them.

Budgeting and saving is not an easy task and for someone to say I walked the path and will continue to so says alot about their mindset and goals.

We educate the best we can with what we have learned and hearing how others benefit from it continue to encourage me to continue doing what I do.

Thanks Again and Have a Lovely Weekend!

Mr.CBB

Tackling Our Debt 03/24/2012 4:29 p.m. #

You are very welcome! I enjoy your paid in cash posts written by others. It is good to hear how creative people are when it comes to money.

I know your guest posts on your site are meant to show how by budgeting and saving someone can pay for something they want in cash, and of course that is awesome. In your Vegas guest post though, all I could think about was how great it was that she and her husband were going to Vegas:-)

Enjoy your weekend as well! :-)

• Shilpan

Shilpan 03/24/2012 4:32 p.m. #

Sicorra, thank you for the mention. You are making great progress as your Alexa rank is close to 200K. Way to go!

Tackling Our Debt 03/24/2012 4:36 p.m. #

You are most welcome! I enjoyed your post about chosing your words carefully :-)

• Michelle

Michelle 03/24/2012 5:16 p.m. #

Thanks for the link love, doll! :) I hope you're having a fantastic weekend! We went to the zoo today and are wiped!!

Tackling Our Debt 03/24/2012 5:23 p.m. #

You are very welcome Michelle! The zoo sounds like a lot of fun, especially when you go with kids :-)

• Stacey Grant

Stacey Grant 03/24/2012 11:04 p.m. #

Sicorra, we are VERY excited about Vegas. We have never been. You should see how much Free stuff we will be doing while we are there.

Frugality all the way!!

• CultOfMoney

CultOfMoney 03/24/2012 11:34 p.m. #

I'm back from a little mini-vacation and I find myself on the friends list still. Woo-Hoo! Thanks for the mention and the link love. You've been doing fantastic work!

• Marissa

Marissa 03/25/2012 12:01 p.m. #

Thanks for including me!!

• TacklingOurDebt

TacklingOurDebt 03/25/2012 12:27 p.m. #

@Marissa @CultOfMoney - Happy to include you both anytime!

@CultofMoney - Hope you had a fun time on your mini-trip.

• Kari @Small Budget Big Dreams

Kari @Small Budget Big Dreams 03/25/2012 7:38 p.m. #

Thanks for including me Sicorra, I appreciate it :-)

Tackling Our Debt 03/26/2012 11:17 a.m. #

You are welcome Kari! Have a great week in the sun!

AverageJoe 03/26/2012 12:05 p.m. #

mmmmm......fresh bread.......I can imagine the smell of your house this weekend and it's makin' me totally hungry.

Thanks for including OG's piece!

Tackling Our Debt 03/26/2012 12:43 p.m. #

@AverageJoe - You're welcome! I read somewhere that you are off this week. Hope you have a good time!