Where to Find Work From Home Jobs

work from home jobsDepending on the type of job you do and where you work, working from home may be an option. For example, many office jobs can be done from home via your computer. Some people love the idea of working from home and some prefer the office environment.

Personally I love working from home and I know many other people that do as well. Sometimes it is because they want to be able to be at home with their children and work around their children’s schedules. For others it could be because they simply enjoy the flexibility and freedom that working from home offers.

I have been working from home for the past several years doing a variety of different projects. Some of my work from home jobs were done online and some were done offline.

Because I’m always on the lookout for new jobs that I can do from home I have developed a list of sites that I continue to go back to when I need more work. I thought I would share them with you in case you want to make money working from home full-time, or as a side hustle.

The jobs found on these sites are not like the jobs you would find on oDesk or Elance, where you have to bid on each job that you apply for. These job postings typically require a resume and\or samples of your work, and are usually long term jobs.

Work From Home Jobs

BloggingPro lists a variety of different types of Writing Jobs.

If you love blogging and want to blog for other sites you will find a number of available positions on the PROBlogger Job Board.

Freelance Writing Jobs lists new writing jobs.

Flexjobs has been around for a while now. You will find jobs in many different categories.

Canadian Freelance Writing Jobs has job postings for positions all over North America.

HireMyMom lists job postings for virtual assistants, graphic designers, social media assistants, writers, web designers (WordPress), etc.

What I like about these sites is that the jobs are current and typically pay well.

Do you work from home? How do you find new jobs?

• WorkSaveLive

WorkSaveLive 03/26/2012 6:31 a.m. #

These are some great resources! I didn't know about any of those other than the ProBlogger job board.

• Modest Money

Modest Money 03/26/2012 9:18 a.m. #

I'm going to have to check out some of those sites later today. Since I am in between jobs, I could definitely use some extra income. I just wouldn't want to go the odesk/elance route and have to spend all that time bidding on projects and doing tests. Which one of these sites do you use the most?

• karunesh @ chase-a-dream.com

karunesh @ chase-a-dream.com 03/26/2012 10 a.m. #

Those are some good resources to create a passive income. Thanks for sharing.

Tackling Our Debt 03/26/2012 11:16 a.m. #

While some of the writing jobs may just amount to a bit of extra income, many of the other job sites list on-going full-time or part-time jobs, of which many of them can be done from home.

@Modest Money - I think you would find opportunities on the second one on the list which is Virtual Vocations. You could also look at flex jobs site.

• Modest Money

Modest Money 03/26/2012 12:37 p.m. #

I checked out the offers on that 2nd one, but unfortunately they seem to be following a trend in my industry. Too many employers are not offering reasonable wages for the kind of work I do. It would be nice to get some temporary work, but I'd feel used at the prices they're offering.

• Kari @Small Budget Big Dreams

Kari @Small Budget Big Dreams 03/26/2012 10:42 p.m. #

I knew about problogger, but not the others. I use to write a few articles here and there for demand studios and found it to be pretty good money ($20 per article or so, that I could write in less than 45 mins). Unfortunately most of the "content mills" aren't paying much anymore.

Tackling Our Debt 03/27/2012 9:26 a.m. #

I think with all the Google Panda updates the content mills have really lost their value.

• Single To The Penny

Single To The Penny 04/11/2012 9:50 a.m. #

This is a great list! Thank you for posting.