Love of Baking - Robinhood Recipe Book

Love of BakingWhether you are committed to following a low-fat diet or a low-carb diet, every once in a while it can be nice to have a treat of some sort.

I always think that it is better to make special treats at home because then you can decide exactly how much sugar you are going to use.

Through experiments I have learned that you don't always have to use as much sugar as the recipe calls for. Even with less sugar the recipe will still turn out nice.

And if the recipe calls for chocolate or cocoa, you can decide what brand and quality of chocolate you will use.

If you are looking to make something sweet for a special occasion download this free Love of Baking cookbook and take a look at the recipes for Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Peaches, Doughnut Muffins, Fudge Marble Swirl Cake and more.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Modest Money

Modest Money 04/05/2012 9:24 a.m. #

I'd be dangerous with a baking cookbook. I just love my sweets too much. I'd feel the need to try something new a couple times a week. There's no way I would use less sugar too. That's the best part!

Tackling Our Debt 04/05/2012 9:55 a.m. #

I agree sugar is yummy, but it's so damn addictive :-)

• WorkSaveLive

WorkSaveLive 04/05/2012 10:57 a.m. #

My wife loves chocolate and sweets but we've done a really good job at cutting back lately. There was a show on TV this week (or last) that talked about a massive study a company did on the affects of high sugar intake. Apparently sugar is highly related to high cholesterol.......who knew??

Tackling Our Debt 04/05/2012 11:23 a.m. #

I haven't heard of the connection between sugar and cholesterol either.

I am like your wife. I love chocolate. Over the past year I've really tried to limit my sugar intake, but I do eat 70% Dark Chocolate.

I like treats once in a while, but when I overdo it, like with a yummy Cupcake or 2, I find myself feeling tired.

• Michelle

Michelle 04/05/2012 1:13 p.m. #

I'm a chocoholic! I try to only eat "good" chocolate, but that's expensive...and just as fattening, so I try to just give myself a little "treat" every once in a while. I totally agree about baking at home. That way, you can use whatever ingredients you want and know exactly what you're putting in your body. I use real ingredients (not diet stuff--yuck!), but when I bake a treat at home, it's still a lot healthier than getting one at the store or bakery because I'm not adding hydrogenated ingredients or gums to preserve sweets longer.

• Anthony Thompson

Anthony Thompson 04/05/2012 1:14 p.m. #

Thank you for the cookbook recommendation, Sicorra. I don't bake much, but would sure like to do it more often. Also, you make a very good point that you can make delicious meals and bake awesome cakes and pastries without a lot of sugar. This cookbook is just what I need, Thank you for sharing it.

Tackling Our Debt 04/05/2012 1:34 p.m. #

@Michelle, Yes, I don't use low fat or sugar subsitute products either. And you are correct, the best chocolate is super expensive. I try to make it last forever.

Are you baking a Birthday Cake for your son next week?

Tackling Our Debt 04/05/2012 1:37 p.m. #

@Anthony - You are welcome! I hope you bake something special for yourself and enjoy it. Everyone needs a good treat once in a while.