Friday's Circle of Friends - Friday the 13th

circle of friends

Another Friday the 13th. I remember when the first movie Friday the 13th was released. We all packed into the theatre to see it. The movie was going along fine, kind of scary, but the ending is what made me jump and scream.

Just when you thought the movie was over and it was time to go home, Jason leaps up from the lake and pulls Alice underwater. The crowd screams. Everyone is shaken!

I love watching movies in the theatre because I enjoy hearing everyone laugh or everyone scream.

This week's circle of friends includes some good laughs, but no screams. Hope you enjoy!

Funny Posts

Back to Work After 30 Years – Ashley from Money Talks shares an extremely funny experience that she had at Walmart the other day.

The Best Customer Service I’ve Ever Experienced – Average Joe replays an hilarious experience he had with a Sprint Call Centre Rep.

Why Is It So Hard To Buy Something? –  My Money Design just posted this very funny post this morning about his conversation with a long list of people just so he could buy landscaping materials for his home. You have to read it! I don't want to spoil it.

Inspiring Posts

Everything I Need to Be Happy – Jefferson at SeeDebtRun shares a post on how he has come to the realization that everything he needs to be happy is already right in front of him.

Educational Posts

Why Baby Boomers Aren’t Prepared For Retirement – Boomer of the blog boomer&echo give some insight as to why many baby boomers may be looking at a bleak retirement money wise.

The Not-So-Pretty Story of Paying Off My Debt of $571,817.68 in less than 3 years – Meadow shares personal details on how she became debt free within 3 years.

Landscaping – It’s That Time of Year

Landscaping On A Budget In Canadian Soil- The Series Part 1 – Mr CBB has started a new series about landscaping and how to get your landscaping done on a budget. This post is a guest post written by a Certified Landscape Designer.

"The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that
human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can
change the outer aspects of their lives." By: William James

Comments

• Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter 04/13/2012 9:22 a.m. #

I like movies on the big screen to. You can just get so much more involved in it. One I saw last year was Inception which was amazing on the large screen.

Tackling Our Debt 04/13/2012 9:30 a.m. #

We watched Inception at home but the theatre experience would have been awesome, as you said.

• From Shopping to Saving

From Shopping to Saving 04/13/2012 10:04 a.m. #

Nice set of reads!

I was laughing my pants off while reading the Sprint customer service story. Man, some people are nuts!

There were a slew of "I'm thankful" posts this week, which is always nice since usually those posts come around Thanksgiving. We must all not take anything for granted!

Tackling Our Debt 04/13/2012 10:39 a.m. #

Yes, Average Joe is very funny! From his play back, I could just hear the Rep saying could you hold again.

• CanadianBudgetBinder

CanadianBudgetBinder 04/13/2012 1:39 p.m. #

Happy Friday to Everyone!

The post by SeeDebtRun you linked above about "Everything I Need to be Happy" is a post everyone should read. Too many times we all jump at the opportunity to get the latest and greatest but forget that all we need is a roof over our heads, food on the table and family and friends that love us.

The old saying KISS stands true for all of us... keep it simple stupid.. we get ourselves further into debt wanting the best or the most in our circle.
      Thanks for the mention of Canadian Budget Binders "Landscape Budget Series" Jodie Munshaw is an amazing designer.

• Anthony Thompson

Anthony Thompson 04/13/2012 2:16 p.m. #

I remember when the first Friday the 13th movie was released in theaters. At first, I wasn't too keen about seeing it, but reluctantly, I went to the local theater where it was playing. It scared me to death. I had never seen anything like it, but I loved it.

Thank you so much for the kind mention, Sicorra. It means so much to me that you found my post valuable enough to post a mention of it. Have a great weekend.

Tackling Our Debt 04/13/2012 2:22 p.m. #

@MrCBB - Yes, we do need to remember to keep it simple.

@Anthony - I was wondering if anyone would remember the first movie. I still get the chills when I think about it.

You are both very welcome for the includes! Any time.

Have a fun weekend!!

• MyMoneyDesign

MyMoneyDesign 04/13/2012 5:15 p.m. #

Thanks for the mention! I totally forgot that it was Friday the 13th today; thanks for reminding me. I grew up on Jason and Freddie movies – the 80’s were a great time for the horror genre!

Tackling Our Debt 04/13/2012 5:22 p.m. #

Happy to include you! Your post was fun to read! At least your landscaping turned out really nice after everything they put you through.

• Jefferson

Jefferson 04/13/2012 7:36 p.m. #

Thanks for the mention, Sicorra! We're celebrating Friday the 13th with a sleepover for our birthday boy. We just told ghost stories and fed the boys a bunch of candy since it's raining and we can't play "ghosts in the graveyard" as we planned.

Happy Friday!

• CultOfMoney

CultOfMoney 04/14/2012 6:30 p.m. #

Thanks a bunch for the link love! I took yesterday off work to have a spring cleaning day (more likely turning into the entire weekend though). The weather has been fantastic the last couple of days, which has made the cleaning a bit more difficult. Thanks again!

Tackling Our Debt 04/14/2012 7:17 p.m. #

@Jefferson @CultOfMoney - You are both quite welcome! Happy to do it.

Sounds like you are both having very busy weekends :-)

Believe it or not, it is still snowing here, so no worries about Spring cleaning for us yet.