Top Summer Vacation Spots In Canada – Traveling to Manitoba

top summer vacation spots in canadaThis Summer Let's Head Out to Manitoba

This week we are traveling to Manitoba, Canada. If you’ve never been to Manitoba in the summer time, you should honestly consider it as part of your next summer vacation. There are so many events that take place each summer throughout the province of Manitoba and there was no way that I could just pick one to highlight for this week’s top summer vacation spots in Canada. Here is a list of some of the most popular summer attractions in Manitoba and the dates that they take place on, so that you can book your trip to attend. Also, the summers in Manitoba can get quite hot so be prepared to enjoy lots of sun and beautiful weather if you travel there during the summer.

Manitoba Summer Fair June 6-10, 2012

The Manitoba Summer Fair takes place at the Keystone Centre in Brandon, Manitoba. It is a large carnival with lots of rides, horse shows, magic shows, a Hypnotist from Las Vegas, concerts, and the yummy food that you always find at a summer fair.

Manitoba summer vacation

Red River Exhibition June 15-24, 2012

The Red River Exhibition takes place at Red River Exhibition Park in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is a great exhibition to attend if you enjoy carnival rides, a petting zoo, mid-way fun food, as well as live entertainment by Jason McCoy, Carly Rae Jepsen, Tom Cochrane, and quite a few other entertainers.

During the 10 day exhibition there are 3 Mardi Gras-style parades with floats, bands and lots of clowns. And each Sunday you can attend the large and delicious outdoor free pancake and sausage breakfast hosted by several local businesses.

Winnipeg Folk Festival July 4-8, 2012

You will find the Winnipeg Folk Festival at Birds Hill Provincial Park. The list of talented performers for the festival is quite huge. A few of this year’s performers include Aaron Burnett, Adam Cohen, Atomic Duo, Aisha Alfa, Billy Bragg, and so many more.

Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival July 18-29, 2012

Of course there is always the Winnipeg Fringe Festival. This festival takes place in a variety of locations throughout beautiful downtown Winnipeg. If you love watching live performances from independent theatre companies then this festival is for you. Over 170 companies from around the world will be presenting amazing performances this year. This event is a family event that includes many fringe performances for your kids to enjoy.

Manitoba Stampede and Exhibition July 19-22, 2012

As soon as the Calgary Stampede is over you can head east to the Manitoba Stampede. This exciting event takes place in Morris, Manitoba, which is just south of Winnipeg. You will have a great time watching Bareback Riding, Bull Riding, Steer Wrestling, Ladies Barrel Riding, and of course the Rodeo Clowns.

Have you booked your summer vacation? Where are you going? What are you doing this summer?

• Jason @ WSL

Jason @ WSL 05/07/2012 5:47 a.m. #

I wish we were going on a summer vacation! We wanted to do a little 3-4 day trip somewhere relatively close to home but I just hate being outside during the summer in the midwest: it's way too hot!

We're going to hold off until the fall but I guess it depends on how the financial side of things play out.

• Anthony Thompson

Anthony Thompson 05/07/2012 1:30 p.m. #

Thank you, Sicorra. I'm loving your Canada summer series posts on the season's top vacation spots. I'm learning so much about these locations, and what they have to offer in summertime fun.

Manitoba, Canada sounds like a beautiful place go to for a family vacation, and I'm sure that it's loads of fun for children.

I'm waiting for your post on Quebec. Does it provide summertime vacation activities, as well?

Tackling Our Debt 05/07/2012 2:15 p.m. #

@Jason - I don't do well in extreme heat either, unless it is dry heat. But if it is humid, I feel like falling asleep standing up.

@Anthony - Thanks so much! I agree that Manitoba in the summer does sound like a great place for a family vacation. I enjoyed learning more about what they have to offer. I think for Quebec we'll have to take a look at Montreal :-)

• Marissa @ ThirtysixMonths

Marissa @ ThirtysixMonths 05/07/2012 5:59 p.m. #

You know I've been to both coasts, but havent visited anywhere in between. Manitoba might be on the list this year.

• Michelle

Michelle 05/07/2012 9:51 p.m. #

I don't think we're going to be able to swing a vacation this year, but we are talking about maybe getting a cabin by the lake for a weekend once we hit a milestone in our debt reduction. It's not the most glamorous way to travel...but it's all we should do when we have debt.

• Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter 05/08/2012 10:44 a.m. #

Great post. I am from Manitoba so seeing a post about it makes me proud. There is actually a ton of things to do apart from the ones you have mentioned. Another cool thing to do is to go north to Churchill. The summer is the season for the beluga whales which is really neat to see.

The east part of the province is also really beautiful so if you like camping, hiking, etc. I definitely recommend it.

Tackling Our Debt 05/08/2012 10:50 a.m. #

Thanks Miss T. I really enjoyed researching Manitoba, and of course you are right, there is so much more to do there aside from what I listed. I could have gone on and on but would have ended up with a huge post. :-) I really like all the outdoor fairs.

I didn't know that you have beluga whales. That must be cool to watch.

• Money Bulldog

Money Bulldog 06/28/2012 4:42 p.m. #

Always wanted to visit Canada. I'm a long time Maple Leafs fan so as long as this place is somewhere near Toronto I'll be certain to pay a visit!