Friday's Circle of Friends - May 18 - The Long Weekend Edition

circle of friendsFor Canadians this weekend is the first long weekend of the summer. Many people have most likely spent today packing their things so that they can get away and go camping or maybe head to the mountains for a hike or perhaps off to the coast to do some awesome sight seeing tours. Whatever your plans are for this long weekend I wish you a safe and relaxing journey followed by lots of fun with friends and family.

For those of us that do not have any plan to get away this weekend, I'd like to share some great posts in this week's circle of friends. This week includes many old friends and as well as some new friends that you may or may not be familiar with yet. Check them out!

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada with Monday being a holiday. It is the first long weekend of the summer and Marissa wrote Camping the Frugal Way for everyone that wants to get away for the weekend.

AverageJoe wrote a very detailed post discussing recent events at JP Morgan Chase. JP Morgan: Opportunity or Trap for an Investor?

Do you like to shop? Do you like to shop a lot? Erika wrote a very interesting post on How To Tell if You Are a Shopaholic.

Do you find that your water bill increases during the summer when you begin using more water outside to keep everything green and healthy? Ways To Save Money On Your Water Bill This Summer! Includes excellent tips on how to conserve water. One of the things we do is set our sprinklers on times so they only run for 20 minutes every third day at 4 AM.

It is that time of year when you see garage sales popping up everywhere. How to shop at Garage Sales – A Guide to Garage Sale Shopping is a great post that discusses the ins and outs of garage sales.

Check out the newest developments over at MYJAMPACKEDLIFE and how she followed Erika’s advice and didn’t take no for an answer - Hi ho, Hi shmo…

Introducing a new blogger friend who recently wrote The Fork in the Road. I also really like her blog design. Make sure to drop by and see her site!

Enjoy and have a happy weekend!

• Budget & the Beach

Budget & the Beach 05/19/2012 1:31 p.m. #

Thanks for the shout-out! I really appreciate being so welcomed into the personal finance blogging community! Have a great weekend!

Tackling Our Debt 05/20/2012 3:42 p.m. #

@Budget & the Beach You're welcome! Great to connect with you :-)

• Anthony Thompson

Anthony Thompson 05/20/2012 3:44 p.m. #

Thank you so much for the mention, Sicorra. As usual, you've managed once again to put a smile on my face.

• Myjampackedlife

Myjampackedlife 05/20/2012 6:06 p.m. #

Thanks for the mention again. Lots of great posts this week again by so many. Heading on over to heck out the new blogger and drop a welcome.

• From Shopping to Saving

From Shopping to Saving 05/21/2012 9:14 a.m. #

Omg thanks for adding me Sicorra :) Lucky you guys have a 3 day weekend, ours is next Monday...yippie! :)

Anyway, thanks for pointing me towards MYJAMPACKEDLIFE's post. I have been so busy and have been trying to keep up with blogs but there's just so many, I keep missing new posts! I obviously need to get everything into an RSS reader.. I'm probably the last person to utilize it. I just get so overwhelmed with things and I am easily distracted. It's a miracle that I can actually keep up with my own blog haha :P

Hope you had a great weekend, and I'm off to check out these links. See what I mean? I just go off and get distracted when reading blogs haha!

• CanadianBudgetBinder

CanadianBudgetBinder 05/21/2012 11:34 a.m. #

Hope you have been enjoying your weekend! Considering we had no plans and I had to work, it's been pretty quiet around here. I'm hoping to get more done this week while I'm home... so much to do so little time. Cheers for the link to my post on Saving Money on the Water Bill This Summer! Mr.CBB

AverageJoe 05/21/2012 1:29 p.m. #

What I wouldn't do for a long weekend. I'm going to try and become an honorary Canadian for a day....