Today we are not going to talk about ways to make more money or ways to save more money. We are not going to think about budgets or how to buy more for less. Sometimes it is good to take a break from thinking about money, whether or not we have a lot of money, or too little money.
Today we are going to talk about the simple things that each of us can do each and everyday to live a better life and be happy.
Tips to Live a Better Life
1. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams.
2. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
3. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
4. When you realize you’ve made a mistake take immediate steps to correct it.
5. Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.
6. Memorize your favourite poem.
7. Don’t believe all that you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.
8. When you say “I love you” mean it.
9. When you say “I’m sorry” look the person in the eye.
10. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
11. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it’s the only way to live life completely.
12. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
13. Talk slowly but think quickly.
14. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”.
15. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
16. Say “Bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
18. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
19. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older their conversational skills will be as important as any others.
20. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
21. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
22. Read more books and watch less TV.
23. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
24. Mind your own business.
25. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
26. Once a year go someplace you have never been.
27. Learn the rules, then break some.
28. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
29. Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
30. Remember that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.