Today I wanted to do a post that is uplifting and inspiring, but may also stir your emotions. I’ve been carrying these specific quotes around with me for the last 10 years or so. These quotes touch on so many different areas of our lives. Some of them remind me of how lucky I am and some of them remind me to be grateful for what I already have. You may have already come across some of them online or in books that you’ve read. I’m sure many of you will be able to relate to these.
Some of these were created by other people and some of them were created by me. I hope that you will use the comment section to write one of your own.
20 Powerful Life Lessons:
1. I’ve learned that no matter the consequences, those who are honest with themselves get farther ahead in life.
2. I’ve learned that your life can be changed in a matter of minutes by people who you don’t even know.
3. I’ve learned that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
4. I’ve learned that writing, as well as talking, can ease emotional pain.
5. I’ve learned that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
6. I’ve learned that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.
7. I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
8. I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back.
9. I’ve learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
10. I’ve learned that it’s not what you have in life, but who you have in your life that counts.
11. I’ve learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that you’d better know something.
12. I’ve learned that the quickest way to kill your self esteem is to compare yourself to others.
13. I’ve learned that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
14. I’ve learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words because what if tomorrow never comes.
15. I’ve learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.
16. I’ve learned that no matter how you try to protect your children they will eventually get hurt and you will hurt in the process.
17. I’ve learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completely different.
18. I’ve learned that we don’t have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
19. I’ve learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn’t stop for your grief.
20. I’ve learned that there are many ways of falling and staying in love.
Related: 20 Powerful Life Lessons – Part 2