Friday's Circle of Friends - June 29

So for many kids across Canada this week is the last week of school. They are off for summer break and I bet they're excited.

When I was a kid in school one of my favorite songs was Alice Cooper's song School's Out for Summer. Do you remember it? Throughout the month of June I would listen to it over and over again as I was counting the days until the end of June.

Why is it that when we are kids time seems to pass so slowly and when we are old time seems to pass so quickly?

Paid in Full - Time to Celebrate

Other good news for this month is that as of Saturday June 30th our family vehicle will be paid in full!

paid in full

Well actually the payment won't go through on the weekend, and well it won't even go through on Monday because Monday is a statutory holiday since July 1st Canada Day falls on a Sunday this year, so I guess the last payment will go through on Tuesday July 3rd. Whew!! But it will be done and we will happily drive our one and only Saturn. And fortunately our Saturn only has 40,000 kilometers on it, so it should be good for years to come.

Yeah! One debt gone. Many more to pay off!

And on that note let's move on to this week's edition of Friday's Circle of Friends. These are all great posts that I enjoy highlighting and I know you will enjoy them.

AverageJoe at thefreefinancialadvisor wrote 5 Summer Activities to Create Money Savvy Kids: High School.

Janine at My Pennies, My Thoughts just did a trip to San Francisco and wrote San Francisco Day 5 & 6.

Adam at Money Bulldog wrote Is Your Money Really Safe In The Bank?

Sean at one smart dollar wrote 10 Ways to Save Money on Your Electric Bill.

Justin at The Family Finances wrote Breaking Even On Our Zoo Pass.

Femmefrugality wrote Happy Blogiversary!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Comments

• Money Bulldog

Money Bulldog 06/29/2012 9:36 a.m. #

Thanks for the mention!

• Crystal Evanisky

Crystal Evanisky 06/29/2012 11:49 a.m. #

excellent news on the fully owned vehicle!! always nice to finish up a loan. Looks like some great posts for me to read over the long weekend. can't wait to check them out

Tackling Our Debt 06/29/2012 12:05 p.m. #

Thanks Crystal! We're excited about it.

AverageJoe 06/29/2012 2:43 p.m. #

Wow! For a moment there I was going to have to go get my mullet back. Sweet tune.

Congrats on the paid off car. That's a nice milestone to hurdle. I like driving cars until they die. My kids cried when our van finally bit the dust when they were four years old. As the wrecker for the donation company was moving it they kept saying, "But I love that car, dad." It was pretty hilarious...mostly because it really was a crappy car. BUT now they're 17 and still aren't impressed by new cars (thank goodness).

Thanks for including me and have a fantastic long weekend!

• My Canuck Buck

My Canuck Buck 06/29/2012 3:14 p.m. #

Thanks for the link love! And yes, I remember that Alice Coooper song - it rocks!

Tackling Our Debt 06/29/2012 3:18 p.m. #

@AverageJoe - Thank you! While I like a new car, there isn't any specific type of car that I am impressed by either. My father always drove cars until they died as well. Well actually he would drive them for 10 years and then hand them down to my sister and brother, then years later he passed the next car down to me. What a beast it was!! At one point he owned a '67 Chevy. Probably should have kept it.

Tackling Our Debt 06/29/2012 3:22 p.m. #

@MyCanuckBuck - I know eh, I love Alice Cooper!
      Thanks for dropping by :-)

• Kathleen @ Frugal Portland

Kathleen @ Frugal Portland 06/29/2012 4:01 p.m. #

OMG congrats! I think paying off a debt completely deserves a celebration, so cheers!

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 06/29/2012 4:04 p.m. #

Thanks so much for the mention! And CONGRATS on getting that paid off! Our high school's band played that song for half time shows one year. Didn't make much sense since the games were in the fall....great song though.

• Anthony Thompson

Anthony Thompson 06/29/2012 4:37 p.m. #

Congratulations, Sicorra! That's great news! Now you can finally drive with a lot more peace of mind.

Thank you for your kindness, and overall support. It always means so much to me when you include me in your Friday's Circle of Friends post.

Enjoy a beautiful weekend and Canada Day.

Tackling Our Debt 06/29/2012 4:58 p.m. #

@Kathleen, @femmefrugality, @Anthony - Thanks you guys, and thanks so much for dropping by today! I always appreciate your comments!

• Justin @ The Family Finances

Justin @ The Family Finances 06/29/2012 5:08 p.m. #

Thanks for the mention and congrats on paying off your car! It's a great feeling to not have a monthly car payment.

• From Shopping to Saving

From Shopping to Saving 06/29/2012 10:20 p.m. #

Hey Sicorra! Great list of reads, and CONGRATS on paying that loan off :) YAY! I loved Tony's post especially.

Hope you have a great weekend!