Friday's Circle of Friends - October 12

circle of friendsHappy Friday!

Wow...another week over. We woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning and it stayed quite cold all day. We baked a delicious Apple Crisp with lots of cinnamon and raisins so the house smells amazing! The kinda thing that Realtors always say you should do just before an open house. Honestly, all I really feel like doing lately is baking. I don't bake much in the summer months because it gets quite hot in our kitchen in the afternoon and I don't like to add to it by having the oven on. But now that it is cooler I have so many recipes that I want to try.

A couple of weeks ago Kim@Eyesonthedollar left a comment on Friday's Circle of Friends saying that she was reminded of a song titled "Circle of Friends". I did a quick search on YouTube and found one. It sounds like a country song, and although I am not a big fan of country music, I do like it. Hopefully Kim will let us know if this is the tune she was thinking of.

Please take a listen while you scroll through this week's Friday's Circle of Friends blog posts, and see if you like it too.

How 2 PF Bloggers Saved Me $420 And Got Me A New Bed! By: Plunged in Debt

House Shopping: The Addiction Continues By: Club Thrifty

Fun, Fabulous, Free Things To Do in My Favorite Vacation Cities By: Eyes on The Dollar

Budgeting Tips: How to Menu Plan Like a Kindergartner By: ReadyForZero

5 Steps To Take Towards Getting Financially Fit By: YoungAdultMoney

4 Easy Ways to Avoid Holiday Debt By: Frugal Rules

Saving Money While Job Hunting By: Making Sense of Cents

What do you have planned for the weekend? Something fun?

Have a great weekend Everyone!!

• John @ Debt Advice Resource

John @ Debt Advice Resource 10/12/2012 1:17 a.m. #

"Couple of inches of snow"... I don't feel so bad about our cold morning and wet conditions!

I follow a lot of these people above too but thanks for others you like. There's so many good people on the Yakezie challenge :-)

• Michelle

Michelle 10/12/2012 6:36 a.m. #

Wow I can't even think about snow yet! And thanks for mentioning my post.

• Bridget

Bridget 10/12/2012 8:12 a.m. #

Thanks for the shoutout =)

• Justin @ The Family Finances

Justin @ The Family Finances 10/12/2012 10:27 a.m. #

My wife is planning on making an apple crisp this weekend, so am super excited. I love that kind of thing. We're also going to be cleaning out one of our bedrooms (fun, lol).

• Catherine

Catherine 10/12/2012 11:37 a.m. #

Thanks so much! I love apple crisp! I need to stop baking, I'm eating it all. In the last 2 weeks I've baked 2 apple cobblers, about 30 cookies and banana bread...most of which has ended up in my belly. No more.

Tackling Our Debt 10/12/2012 11:41 a.m. #

@Justin - Hope you enjoy your apple crisp too!! cleaning isn't fun, but the end result is nice.

@Catherine - Your baking feast sounds delicious. I know exactly what you mean by eating it all. Yum at the time, but then I end up with my own muffin top. LOL

• Shannon-ReadyForZero

Shannon-ReadyForZero 10/12/2012 12:22 p.m. #

The apple crisp sounds amazing...but a couple of inches of snow already? Wow! I just moved from New York To San Francisco so this will be my first winter without snow :(. Enjoy it and thanks for including us!

Tackling Our Debt 10/12/2012 12:26 p.m. #

@Shannon - My husband and I were just talking the other day about how mild the weather is in San Francisco. I could do without the snow. Hope you really enjoy living in SanFran!!

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 10/12/2012 4:32 p.m. #

Snow, in October? Just a few weeks ago we were in the 90's, but I am expecting to get a lot of snow this year since we had such a hot summer. Thanks so much for the mention!

DC @ Young Adult Money 10/13/2012 12:06 p.m. #

Thanks so much for including us! Crazy that you guys already have snow. We saw a bit here in Minneapolis but it did not stay on the ground.

Sicorra 10/13/2012 12:56 p.m. #

@John and DC - It can actually snow here any month of the year. One year we had snow on July 1st and another year in August. But this year Sept was very warm so it does feel like the snow is just too early. Today is much nicer out.

• Country Girl

Country Girl 10/14/2012 4:27 p.m. #

Thanks for the link love :)

I love the smell of baking apple crisp. It's gotta be one of my favourite fall smells.

• CanadianBudgetBinder

CanadianBudgetBinder 10/14/2012 5:32 p.m. #

Not much going on this weekend with all the rain so I did some repairs around the house and baked a Tangerine Pound Cake. Smelled amazing in here. Have a great week Sicorra.

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 10/15/2012 9:54 p.m. #

Thanks for looking,but that's not the one. It's a lady, kind of sounds like Alanis Morrisette, but it's not her. I looked on Itunes and can't find it. More research to be done. Maybe it was a theme to a TV show? I can hear it right now. I'll try to find it before the week is up. Thanks for the mention.