Friday's Circle of Friends - October 19

circle of friendsHappy Friday!

As I was putting this week's Friday's Circle of Friends post together I came across a post on MyMoneyDesign about scary movies for Halloween. This post instantly took me back to 2 of my favourite scary movies that were filmed years ago.

One in particular was from 1979 known as "When a Stranger Calls".

After this movie there were two remakes of it years later, but the first 20 minutes of the first movie from 1979 is the best (scariest) part.

The music in this movie makes me shiver and the fact that what happens in this movie could so easily happen to anyone is what I think makes it so frightening.

Have you ever watched it? If you ever babysit you probably shouldn't watch it.

But just in case you want to see it, here it is:

As well, there are many other great blog posts for you to catch up on just in case you missed them earlier in the week.

Facebook Giveaway Winner – Best Sites and Lessons Learned By: Monster Piggy Bank

Why It is Important to Have a Good Credit Score By: Debt and the Girl

Can Money Management Help In Any Way With Debt Consolidation? By: Eyes On The Dollar

When is Being Frugal Really Just Being Cheap? By: Frugal Rules

Dear Google, I love you! Please love me back! By: Reach Financial Independence

Our Early Retirement Plan By: The Outlier Model

Working for a Large Corporation vs. Working for a Small Business By: Young Adult Money

5 Ways To Save Money Around the Home By: John the Bankruptcy Guy

Why the Recent U.S. Mortgage Rate Drop is Great News By: Club Thrifty

My Favorite Scary Movies – Have Some Cheap Halloween Fun! By: MyMoneyDesign

Have a great weekend!

Comments

• Pauline

Pauline 10/19/2012 7:07 a.m. #

Thank you very much for the mention, have a great weekend!

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 10/19/2012 8:11 a.m. #

I've never seen the movie. I am not much for horror movies and my wife hates them, so I really don't see many of them. I am more in to suspense & psychologocial thrillers myself, but normally get to watch those on my own as my wife doesn't like them. :) Thanks for the mention & have a great weekend!

Tackling Our Debt 10/19/2012 11:25 a.m. #

@Pauline - You're very welcome!

@John - You are quite welcome, and I neglected to mention, but the movie above actually is a suspense\thriller movie.

• canadianbudgetbinder

canadianbudgetbinder 10/19/2012 8:22 p.m. #

Have a great weekend Sicorra! Mrs.CBB says she watched that movie when she was younger and it scared the bejeepers out of her lol... Cheers Mate Mr.CBB

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 10/19/2012 8:26 p.m. #

Oooohhh heck no....I will never watch that! Haha I'm too wussy to even watch the trailer!

• Tony

Tony 10/20/2012 7:54 a.m. #

Did you watch Paranormal? It was amazingly great.

Tackling Our Debt 10/20/2012 11:44 a.m. #

@Canadianbudgetbinder - Yes, I understand what she is saying, especially when he says Have You Checked the Children? I just wonder why she never went upstairs to check??

@femmefrugality - I am a wuss now too. I turned it off after the first 20 mintues.

@Tony - Heard of it, but never watched it. I'd probably freak out.

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 10/20/2012 6:17 p.m. #

I haven't watched any scary movies, but did watch The Avengers last night. Not really a comic book fan, but I really enjoyed it in a mindless, blow stuff up way. Incredible Hulk was great. Thanks for the mention. Have a great weekend.

• Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank

Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank 10/20/2012 7:16 p.m. #

Thanks for including me in your Friday wrap up :)

• Holly@ClubThrifty

Holly@ClubThrifty 10/21/2012 5:18 p.m. #

Thank you so much for including us! I hope you have a great day!