I wanted to do a simple, fun post today that I know a lot of other bloggers have done as well. Occasionally my day to day posts include bits of personal information, but not often.
So today’s post is completely personal. It is a list of 21 things you probably don’t know about me.
1. I love to travel. I’ve been to the UK and a variety of fun places in Europe, including Spain and Germany. Cruising around the Caribbean is something I have done a number of times. I get very excited everytime a big new ship is launched, and I use to dream about working on cruise ships. My favorite cruise was a 14 day cruise we did from Fort Lauderdale, through the Panama Canal and ending in San Francisco.
2. My favorite comfort food is anything with dark chocolate, especially dark chocolate cheesecake.
3. Don’t drink, don’t smoke, a line from the song Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant could have been written about me. I’ve never smoked, but I’m sure I received plenty of second hand smoke from my mother when I was younger.
4. Dude, what’s your sign? I’m a Leo.
5. My favorite colour is the colour of celery, followed closely by purple.
6. I’ve never had a cup of coffee, but I love hot chocolate.
7. My favorite TV show to watch is on Sunday nights. It is Long Island Medium. The night before my mother passed she told us that she could see people she knew waiting for her in heaven.
8. When I went to college interest rates were 22%. The interest from my childhood savings account covered the cost of my college tuition.
9. I’ve purchased and sold 3 homes, making a nice profit on each one. I bought the first one for $138,000 and sold it for $180,000. The second one cost $133,000 and sold for $160,000. We paid $365,000 for the last one and sold it for $581,000 just before Christmas of 2009.
10. The worst car I have ever owned was a Chrysler. I remember times when I would be on the highway doing 120 KMS an hour and suddenly the car would just slow down on its own to the point where I would have to pull off of the road and sit for 20 minutes before I could drive it again. Apparently the filter on the gas line was clogging up. It was quite weird and took a while for the mechanics to figure out the problem.
11. I prefer small social gatherings versus very large social settings. When I attend conferences or networking meetings I have to push myself to visit with others, but at the same time I can stand in front of a class of 40 people that I do not know and do presentations without fear.
12. We have two of the sweetest cats that we consider our children. We adopted both of them at different times and they get along so well. They love to play and cuddle with us.
13. When I was young I went to quite a few family weddings. The largest wedding had over 700 guests with 12 bridesmaids and 12 groomsmen. It was huge!
14. My favorite Broadway musical is Mamma Mia with ABBA. We saw it twice at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
15. I love dressing up, but my daily outfit is jeans and a sweater.
16. I only own 5 pairs of shoes, which is completely unusual for a girl.
17. I took a motorcycle driver training course to get my licence and to prove to myself that I could do it even though I was quite scared.
18. My favorite time of the year is anytime when the weather is mild and the sun is shining. Every once in a while we get winter days like that and I love the break from the bitter cold.
19. I live in a huge expensive city but dream of living in a small town one day.
20. My retirement funds are invested in real estate and oil & gas, and I am excited at how well those investments are doing.
21. I go to Las Vegas every year and love winning at Craps.
Okay, that is about it for now.
Please leave a comment about something that we online don’t already know about you.
And, if you are in the mood to do a similar fun post about yourself so that we can learn more about you, that would be great. Come back here after you publish it, leave a comment, and I will add a link to your post.
Coincidentally Plunged in Debt published a very similar post on the same day as me. Go check it out at:Just For Fun…10 Random Facts.
Pauline at Reach Financial Independence shared her personal post today. Take a look at: 32 random facts.