Friday's Circle of Friends - October 26

circle of friendsThis was an interesting week. Winter arrived a little earlier than we expected.

Earlier this week it literally snowed for 24 hours straight and we received between 15 to 20 cms of snow (over 6 inches). Temperatures dropped quite low as well.

Now some years we've had snow here on July 1st or in mid August, so snow in October isn't all that unusual, but still many of us were unprepared.

September was quite hot for us.

While we did have the odd snow day earlier in October, most of the time during the first few weeks of October it was nice and mild outside, and I was enjoying it quite a bit.

Personally I was hoping it would stay that way for a while. But mother nature had other ideas. It definitely looks like Christmas outside.

On to this week's Friday's Circle of Friends.

I wanted to begin with a couple of posts that you may find helpful as you work on your own blog:

Traffic Generation Strategies to Accelerate Your Blog Growth – With Kim Roach

Guest Blogging: Google Says Yes, But Is Your Ranking At Risk?

The big list of 100 tools, tips and tricks to work more efficiently online

Two New Bloggers

Next, a big welcome to 2 new blog friends that I’ve recently met. Please drop by their blogs and show them some love.

Jackie at Debt Free Bread wrote Tips for Shopaholics

KK at Student Debt Survivor wrote Pets Are Pricey

Friends From Around the World

And of course, excellent blog posts from friends around the world.

Cat at Budget Blonde wrote A Free Afternoon, A Free Adventure, & A Free Life Lesson

Kim at Eyes On The Dollar wrote Inspired by Malala Yousafzai, 14 Year Old Hero

John at Frugal Rules wrote Is a College Degree Worth it?

Money Bulldog in the UK wrote Why I Don’t Like First Time Buyer Schemes Like New Buy!

Catherine at Plunged in Debt wrote Stressed!

Glen at Monster Piggy Bank wrote Fruit and Vegetable Garden

Debt and the Girl wrote My Best Friend's Wedding

Pauline at Reach Financial Independence wrote One suitcase for one year of travel, what to pack

DC at Young Adult Money wrote Pros and Cons of Working for a Non-Profit

CF at The Outlier Model wrote How To Prevent Food Waste

Monday's post will be an interview with a fellow PF blogger as part of a blog swap that her and I are doing. Please stop by here on Monday to check it out.

Have a great weekend!

• Catherine

Catherine 10/26/2012 6:23 a.m. #

Thanks Sicorra :)

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 10/26/2012 6:43 a.m. #

Our weather has gone crazy as well. It was 80 on Tuesday and today they're calling for a high of 40 with 25 mph winds. Somehow, we've skipped over fall and moved straight to winter I guess. Thanks so much for the mention!

• Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank

Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank 10/26/2012 7:01 a.m. #

Thanks for including my blog in your circle of friends post :D
      I haven't seen the 2 new bloggers you mention so i'll have to check them out this weekend, thanks!

• Jackie

Jackie 10/26/2012 2:25 p.m. #

Thanks Sicorra,

I appreciate the love. You've been so kind to me. I have to go visit the other blogs on the list.

Tackling Our Debt 10/26/2012 2:33 p.m. #

@Catherine - Happy to include you anytime!

@John - You are welcome! That is quite a drop in temperature. 80 is quite high for this time of year, isn't it? I don't know what is going on this year with the weather. It is snowing here again today.

@Glen - You're welcome! Look forward to seeing updates as your new garden grows.

@Jackie - Very happy to connect with you. Always fun to make new friends.

• Money Bulldog

Money Bulldog 10/26/2012 5:33 p.m. #

Hey Sicorra Thanks For The Mention. I've got one of yours earmarked for my best of October! Have a great weekend.

DC @ Young Adult Money 10/26/2012 5:46 p.m. #

Thanks so much for mentioning me this week! I really appreciate it. Also, it snowed here yesterday but it didn't stay on the ground thankfully. I'm not quite ready for it as I have some yard work to get done, but I'm pre-occupied with work inside!

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 10/26/2012 11:27 p.m. #

Thanks so much for mentioning me Sicorra. I'm flattered to be in such good company and look forward to reading all the other posts you mentioned.

• Budget and the Beach

Budget and the Beach 10/27/2012 8:53 p.m. #

Wow snow already! That's crazy! It was 93 here today. Yeah, I'd like it just a little cooler please. And supposed to be warmer tomorrow. I want fall weather!

Tackling Our Debt 10/28/2012 11:40 a.m. #

@Money Bulldog - Always great to connect and keep in touch with you.

@DC - I enjoy your blog! We were going to do a bit more work outside too, but I guess it isn't going to happen.

@KK - Really happy to discover you. We'll keep in touch.

@Budget and the Beach - Thanks for stopping by!! I noticed on Google Weather that it was quite hot in LA this week. Hope it cools off for you guys soon.

• Savvy Scot

Savvy Scot 10/28/2012 3:48 p.m. #

It has dropped below freezing here in the UK again now and winter is coming!