Friday's Circle of Friends and Random Facts About Some of Them

circle of friendsOn October 23rd Catherine from Plunged in Debt and I both wrote a very similar post which listed personal things that people may not already know about us.

We didn’t plan it. It just happened.

Since then several others have written very similar posts.

Here is a list of all of the ones that I could find as of today.

If I’ve missed anyone’s post around this topic please email me so that I can include your post. I'd hate to leave someone out.

Let’s Get Personal, 21 Things You Probably Don’t Know

Just For Fun…10 Random Facts By: @PlungedinDebt

32 random facts By: @RFIndependence

Hi There, What Can You Tell Me About Yourself? By: @FrugalRules

Halloween Humor: Random Things I’m Scared Of By: @Eyesonthedollar

Link Love/20 things about me By: @Beachbudget

25 Things You Don’t Know About The Wife Of MyWifeQuitHerJob.com By: @mywifequit

20 Random Facts About Me By: @centsofacg

10 Random Facts About Me By: @DebtandtheGirl

10 (More) Random Facts About Me By: @DebtandtheGirl

Friday Five: Fun factoids By: @eemusings

More Wonderful Blog Posts From Around the World

Gini Dietrich at SpinSucks wrote a blog post that I guarantee will put a smile on your face. A Fantastic Starbucks Customer Experience Story

Tiffany at Naturemomsblog wrote a very detailed post to help us all stay warmer this winter. 30 Ways to Save Money, Conserve Energy, and Stay Warm This Winter

Do you ever feel like suddenly so many things go wrong and you need to spend money? That is how Justin at The Family Finances has felt lately. Expenses Come In Waves

femmefrugality makes a good point in her post about how you can make money by taking care of your textbooks. Smart College Student: Take Care of Your Textbooks

Sarah at Retire Happy wrote about jumping out of an airplane and how being afraid of things can stop us from experiencing so many wonderful things in life including trying something new as a way of dealing with money and finances. Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway!

Cat at Budget Blonde in Grenada wrote about what her life would be like if she won a million dollars, especially since she and her husband have $400,000 in student loans to deal with. You Won A Million Bucks. Now What?

Gillian at Drop that Debt wrote about how to shop for Halloween and still save money. I love the picture in her post too. Better Late Than Never Halloween Tips

Hope you enjoyed these posts! Thanks for stopping by and have a fun weekend!

Comments

DC @ Young Adult Money 11/02/2012 7:06 a.m. #

You have some great posts listed here! I did not do a post about random things about me, but I really considered and still might do one. It's been a lot of fun learning about other bloggers.

• Catherine

Catherine 11/02/2012 7:21 a.m. #

Thanks Sicorra, Great minds just think alike I guess :) I think everyone should do one, they're fun to read! Have a great weekend!

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 11/02/2012 7:33 a.m. #

Thanks so much for the mention. Have a great weekend!

• Pauline

Pauline 11/02/2012 6:03 p.m. #

Thank you for the mention, off to check other random facts as we speak!

Tackling Our Debt 11/02/2012 6:07 p.m. #

@DC - I hope you do a post about yourself. They are fun and I'd love to add your post to the list.

@Catherine - I agree, I think everyone needs to do one too.

@John - You're welcome!

@Pauline - You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the other posts too.

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 11/02/2012 7:40 p.m. #

Thanks for starting such a fun trend! And for the mention! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• justin@thefrugalpath

justin@thefrugalpath 11/02/2012 8:16 p.m. #

I've been thinking about writing a ## things you didn't know about me post as well and saving it for a day when I just couldn't write a post. I agree that it can be interesting to read interesting facts about the blogs we follow.

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 11/02/2012 9:15 p.m. #

Thanks for including me in this list. It was really fun to do. I hope other bloggers continue the trend.

• eemusings

eemusings 11/03/2012 9:32 p.m. #

Oh, how fun!

I actually did a short post along these lines a few months ago, if it's not too late.. :)

Tackling Our Debt 11/04/2012 3:41 p.m. #

@eemusings - Thanks for letting me know about your post. It is added in :-)

• Justin @ The Family Finances

Justin @ The Family Finances 11/04/2012 7:27 p.m. #

Thanks for the mention! Isn't it funny how often we all write blog posts about the same topic? I guess it shouldn't be surprising because there are only so many personal finance topics to write about, but it's still funny when it happens. Especially in your case, when the post wasn't even finance-related.

• Gini Dietrich

Gini Dietrich 11/05/2012 5:41 a.m. #

I'm so happy you liked the Starbucks story. I got an email from Dan (the barista) apologizing because his parents had commented on the blog post. I said, "Are you kidding? I think that's fantastic!"

• Thomas Moore

Thomas Moore 11/05/2012 6:17 a.m. #

Nice list! Makes for great Monday morning readings. Allows me to learn a lot more about some of the other bloggers out there. Thanks for the list.

• Debt and the Girl

Debt and the Girl 11/05/2012 9:06 a.m. #

Thanks for including me. I meant to tell you that I added you in my "blogs I love" section of my site. Hope thats ok. Cheers!

Tackling Our Debt 11/05/2012 10:57 a.m. #

@Justin - I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it is hard to find new topics around personal finance. But it is good to add some personal posts too.

Tackling Our Debt 11/05/2012 10:59 a.m. #

@Gini - The comment thread on your Starbucks post is getting as interesting as the post itself. You wrote an excellent post!!

Tackling Our Debt 11/05/2012 11:01 a.m. #

@Thomas - Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!

@Debt and the Girl - I truly appreciate being included on your blogroll. Thanks very much!

AverageJoe 11/05/2012 4:11 p.m. #

Why do you always have such a cool list of reads? There goes my evening! Ha!

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 11/07/2012 9:06 a.m. #

I really enjoyed reading everyone's random facts. It's fun to know my favorite bloggers from another perspective. I'm looking forward to reading the Christmas memories posts!