Friday's Circle of Friends - November 9

circle of friendsWe are sitting in the middle of one of the biggest snowstorms we have had in a long time.

On Wednesday my husband and I were chatting about how almost all of the snow from the last 4 weeks was finally melting.

But then we read the weather forecast and this morning we were not surprised to wake up to about 10cm of new snow.

It has snowed all day Thursday and is going to continue until Friday evening. By the end of it they say we should have over 25cm.

There have been so many accidents reported today and people are having a terrible time trying to get anywhere.

Seriously, I am not a snow person, but many of the people that live here are. We are very close to the mountains and I’m sure many people are just itching to get their skis and snowboards out this weekend if the slopes are open.

At our house we had our gas fireplace serviced yesterday and our home office is nice and warm. Aside from having to go outside to shovel the driveway, I am happy to sit here for the next 5 days while the snow comes down.

If it is nice and warm where you live, enjoy it!

Friday’s Circle of Friends

Have you ever watched "You Gotta Eat Here!" on the food network channel? If you haven't you really need to. It is so good!

You also just gotta read these posts!

DC at Young Adult Money wrote a good post about the way people try to sell their houses without staging them first:  How To Get A House Ready For Sale

Femmefrugality talks about buyer’s remorse in Quality vs. Price: St. Brigid's Necklace Review

AverageJoe at thefreefinancialadvisor shares some thoughts on what is to become of the US economy now that the election is over A Look Into the Post-Election Crystal Ball

Makin The Bacon$ talks about whether or not being a shy person holds a person back from becoming successful in Shying Away from Success?

Kim at Eyes on The Dollar had a very interesting time finding a suitable tenant for the house that she just renovated. Rental Property Series: Let’s Drink to Having Tenants

Read about a very fun way to teach your children the importance of saving money and how to do it by Shannon at The Heavy Purse Setting Our Family Save Goal

A personal story about how KK from Student Debt Survivor managed during the recent hurricane. Check out the photos she took too. Not nice. Things I Learned During Hurricane Sandy

Maggie at Square Pennies wrote How I Taught My Daughter about Credit Cards. If you are looking for really good ways to teach your children about money, Maggie’s post is a great example of how to do that. There is actually a good message in her post for all of us, young and old.

Happy reading! Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 11/09/2012 11:04 a.m. #

A gas fireplace sounds lovely! We also got snow (only about 4 inches) after the hurricane. I hate snow, which is sort of funny since I'm originally from Maine. Thanks for mentioning my Hurricane post :-)

Sicorra 11/09/2012 11:22 a.m. #

@John - I'll be sure to send some snow your way!

@KK - You're welcome! 4 inches is alot. I know you guys are being hit with everything. Hope things get back to normal for you quite soon!

• MakintheBacon$

MakintheBacon$ 11/09/2012 11:54 a.m. #

I think the only time I'm a snow person is when it's falling lightly and leaves a thin blanket on the road and sidewalks. It looks pretty in that way. Not when it's coming down so think you can't see and it includes biting cold winds.

I'll be moving into my first home in November. We have a corner lot but thankfully no sidewalk, because that would be a HELL OF A LOT of shovelling to do. lol. Thanks for the inclusion, Sicorra! :)

Sicorra 11/09/2012 12:13 p.m. #

@MakintheBacon - I so agree with your thoughts around snow. It is pretty as long as it doesn't get so bad that it interferes with life. Good luck with your move!!

• Maggie@SquarePennies

Maggie@SquarePennies 11/09/2012 12:25 p.m. #

Thanks so much for including me in your circle of friends. I'm in very good company! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• Pauline

Pauline 11/09/2012 3:07 p.m. #

I like when it snows outside and I am by the fireplace warm and cozy. And when everything is white and quiet. Not when it melts and my feet are wet. Can't be perfect! Enjoying a nice sunny day here :)

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 11/09/2012 3:51 p.m. #

We are supposed to get snow this weekend, but not that much. In a way, I'm sad to see the nice fall weather go, but I am looking forward to eating soup and sitting by the fire this weekend. Thanks for the mention. BTW, I finally found that song! It's called Circle of Friends by Edie Brickell.

DC @ Young Adult Money 11/09/2012 4:16 p.m. #

I really appreciate you including me this week! Also it's really cool that you work from home full time (I'm assuming you do? Maybe I'm wrong???). I would not mind the snow if I could work from home every day.

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 11/09/2012 5:05 p.m. #

Thanks so much for the mention, Sicorra! Hope you enjoy being nice and cozy for the next little bit! (There's gotta be a positive side, right? :p)

Sicorra 11/09/2012 5:19 p.m. #

@Maggie - You are very welcome!

@Pauline - Yes the days that it is all melting really sucks. The car is dirty and the roads get so slushy. Oh well. It happens every year I guess.

@Kim - Enjoy your time by the fire, and thanks. I will go look for that song.

@DC - I meant to last week as well but accidentally posted without you. Yes, my husband and I both work at home full time. I know what you mean, but I still have to shovel it!! LOL You will see, I will always whine about the snow :-)

@femmefrugality - Hope you are warm and snug too!!

• Holly@ClubThrifty

Holly@ClubThrifty 11/10/2012 2:48 p.m. #

Snow?!?!?1 That's crazy. We are having a weird Indian summer right now. Its super warm here in Indiana. I know it wont last though. I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

• justin@thefrugalpath.com

justin@thefrugalpath.com 11/10/2012 6:35 p.m. #

Good luck with the snow. It's funny how when I had my apartment I didn't mind the snow so much. Now that I have a house, with an extra long driveway, I really can't stand it. And last year, after four years, I finally broke down and bought a snow blower in jan/feb during a snowstorm. I used it once and then we got that freakishly warm end to the winter.

Sicorra 11/10/2012 7:06 p.m. #

@Justin - It stopped snowing because you bought the snow blower. Like a protection against it ever snowing again. I don't know what I'm sayin...maybe I'm just tired. :-)

@Holly - I would give anything to have your warm weather right now. I wonder where that is blowing in from? Enjoy it!