Friday's Circle of Friends - November 16

frosty the snowman

Happy Friday! Not much to report this week, so I’ll just jump right in to this week’s Friday’s Circle of Friends posts from around the world. Enjoy and have a fun weekend!

circle of friendsAndrea at Take A Smart Step wrote a brilliant post that I think all Moms & Dads will want to read. Stay at Home Moms: Stop Feeling Like You Have no Say in Your Family Finances

Ready For Zero had an interesting post on Why You Should Not Charge Adult Children Rent. Do you agree or disagree? Visit their post and voice your opinion.

Glen at Monster Piggy Bank is having a very cool brand new home built. Check out the layout shown in his post. Buying Land and Building a House – Part 2

D.C. at Young Adult Money is considering getting a dog so he is reviewing all of the costs to do that in The Cost of Dog Ownership. Go check out the very cute picture of Aggie who is one of their relative’s dogs.

Everyone’s friend Average Joe from the freefinancialadvisor had a coming out party this week. Go check out his very interesting story and learn all about him. Meet Me: Average Joe

CF at The Outlier Model showed us their new condo. Go check out what they paid for a 500 square foot condo in western Canada. Some may find it unusual. I don’t. Hey, we bought another condo!

If you are one of the many that is carrying a lot of student loan debt you will want to weigh in on this post by KK from Student Debt Survivor. Student Loans are “Good Debt”

Pauline from Reach Financial Independence is living the dream in hot and sunny Guatemala. If you are not already following her journey, you will definitely want to take a look. Little house in Guatemala, week 2

Catherine at Plunged in Debt shares her professional experience as a dental hygienist in this very important post Do You Really Need Dental Insurance?

John at Frugal Rules hosted a very popular guest post this week written by Pauline. Tips on Learning Languages Frugally

iHeartBudgets recently returned from a cruise with his family. It sounds like he enjoyed it although I think he was feeling overwhelmed by some of the additional costs. First Cruise Ship? 5 Big Ticket Items To Watch Out For

Marla at healthy wallet wrote a post that many will find helpful. Doing What You Love is Bad Business Advice. Take a read and see if you agree or disagree.

If you are determined to pay your mortgage off early you will want to visit Mandy at MoneyMasterMom to see how she killed her mortgage 3 years ago. As well she has great tips on how she saves money when shopping for groceries in Slaying the Grocery Bill Dragon.

Yakezie

Before you go I just wanted to mention that for those of you that are Yakezie members you may want to check out the post linked below to the Yakezie forum about Winter teams. Every season we try to create new teams and for the Winter teams you have until November 25th to sign-up. So if you’re interested, please head over there now for all of the details and sign-up form.

New Fall Winter Yakezie Teams Sign-Up. Pls Sign Up By November 25th

Comments

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 11/16/2012 5:42 a.m. #

Thanks so much for including Pauline's post Sicorra, I really liked it myself as well. Have a great weekend!

• pauline

pauline 11/16/2012 6:27 a.m. #

Thank you for the mentions Sicorra! I was thinking about joining Yakezie so will definitely look into this group.

• Catherine

Catherine 11/16/2012 7:52 a.m. #

Thanks so much for everything Siccora! You're great :) I LOVE that old Frosty cartoon! No snow here yet...it's coming though I can feel it. Have a great weekend.

AverageJoe 11/16/2012 8:41 a.m. #

Every year I try to watch Frosty and the Grinch. Last year I watched neither. It's time to get back to the old traditions... ;-)

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 11/16/2012 9:45 a.m. #

Thanks for the Yakezie link. I always forget to check out the forums. Have a great weekend.

• Andrea @ Take A Smart Step

Andrea @ Take A Smart Step 11/16/2012 10:01 a.m. #

Thank you for the shout out! Honored that you think the post is Brilliant, I do agree that all mom's and Dad's should read it! :)

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 10:11 a.m. #

@DC - You are welcome! Can't wait to see a picture of your new dog!

@John - You're welcome! Enjoy your weekend too.

@Pauline - I thought you were already a member. Hope you join!

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 10:15 a.m. #

@Catherine - You're welcome! :-) Hey, I saw on the weather channel a few days ago that you guys were having a second summer. You're so lucky!

I love Frosty too! As soon as I saw that pic I started singing the song.

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 10:17 a.m. #

@AverageJoe - It just doesn't feel like Christmas to me if I miss my Christmas cartoons - Frosty, Rudolph and Grinch. But it has to the originals from the 60's, not the updated versions.

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 10:19 a.m. #

@Kim - Really hope you sign up on Yakezie for the new teams.

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 10:20 a.m. #

@Andrea - Happy to connect with you and of course include you and your blog. You share valuable information :-)

• Shannon-ReadyForZero

Shannon-ReadyForZero 11/16/2012 10:27 a.m. #

Thanks so much for including us! Have a great weekend!

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 11/16/2012 10:43 a.m. #

Mad crazy thanks for including that post and encouraging people to vote! I love love loved Pauline's guestpost this week on Frugal Rules.

• Mandy @MoneyMasterMom

Mandy @MoneyMasterMom 11/16/2012 11:25 a.m. #

Hey thanks for including me. For those of you looking to kill your mortgage early I'm guest posting on Canadian Budget Binder this Thursday. The post outlines 3 key strategies we used, and you can too.

Tackling Our Debt 11/16/2012 12:23 p.m. #

@Shannon - Happy to do it.

@femmefrugality - It would be so nice to see you win the $10,000. Fingers crossed.

@Mandy - Look forward to learning your strategies.

• Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank

Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank 11/16/2012 5:23 p.m. #

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post and include it in your circle of friends :)

I like the picture of the snowman at the top.

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 11/17/2012 10:05 p.m. #

Thanks for including me! I signed up for the Winter team and I'm really excited. I'm glad you drew my attention to that because I was wondering how/when to join a Yakezie team.