What Would You Rather Eat? Bacon or a Bagel?

I love this bacon and bagel infographic. Whenever I want to lose weight I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and good protein choices at lunch and dinner. I combine that with low carb fresh vegetables and a tossed salad, and I am good to go. How about you?

bacon and bagel infographic

This infographic from Column Five (developed for Massive Health) compares bacon and eggs to a bagel topped with cream cheese.

Which do you prefer for breakfast? Bacon and eggs, or a bagel smoothered in cream cheese?

You are welcome to download your free copy of my 2013 Blog Planner and begin using it right away.  (Click to Tweet)

Simply click on Blog Planner to download your copy. Please note that this is an Excel File.

Happy 12-12-12.

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 12/12/2012 7:06 a.m. #

Wow, that's quite an infographic. I like a good bagel for breakfast, but generally try to stick to my Cheerios and fruit.

• Marie at Family Money Values

Marie at Family Money Values 12/12/2012 7:09 a.m. #

I'm showing this one to hubby! Bacon - yum...

• Grayson @ Debt Roundup

Grayson @ Debt Roundup 12/12/2012 7:18 a.m. #

Now that is a classic infographic, Sicorra. I would eat Bacon everyday if I could. I love bacon. I am not a big fan of bagels, but if you gave me a bagel with bacon, egg, and cheese, then I would be ready to go!

• Holly@ClubThrifty

Holly@ClubThrifty 12/12/2012 7:27 a.m. #

BACON!!!! Hands down!

• Cat

Cat 12/12/2012 7:52 a.m. #

How about a bagel with bacon? :) I really hate eggs, but I'll freely admit when I eat hard boiled ones, they totally fill me up! I'm trying steel cut oats for breakfast - they seem to be working okay..

• Kurt @ Money Counselor

Kurt @ Money Counselor 12/12/2012 8:46 a.m. #

It's not all about weight, however. Be interesting to see angiogram results of the chronic bacon & eggs eater vs. the bagel eater!

• Gillian @ Money After Graduation

Gillian @ Money After Graduation 12/12/2012 9:19 a.m. #

Unfortunately, I'd rather eat the bagel. I am a carb fiend for sure ! But I try to avoid them as much as possible since I know they aren't the best things for you.

krantcents 12/12/2012 9:46 a.m. #

Tough choice! I prefer bacon, but a good New York bagel is pretty temping. Everything in moderation and no food is bad for you.

• Jacob @ iHeartBudgets

Jacob @ iHeartBudgets 12/12/2012 10:16 a.m. #

Any excuse for me to eat MORE BACON, I'm all for! But yes, bag o' carbs is never a good thing. Heck, I can feel when I "come down" after a carb binge and call it the "carb crash". Bacon and eggs are always on the menu at my house :)

DC @ Young Adult Money 12/12/2012 10:18 a.m. #

I understand that diet is very important, but if you work out 3-6 times a week you can pretty much eat whatever you want without having to worry too much about weight gain. I've lost 25 pounds since I turned 21 and it really has to do with me making working out a priority.

AverageJoe 12/12/2012 10:46 a.m. #

I thought that at the end of the piece we'd see a "brought to you by the Bacon Institute of Canada." Imagine my disappointment.

• Marissa @ Thirty Six Months

Marissa @ Thirty Six Months 12/12/2012 12:16 p.m. #

• Gen Y Finance Journey

Gen Y Finance Journey 12/12/2012 12:26 p.m. #

I'd take the bacon and eggs every time given the choice. Unfortunately, I already have to wake up at 6:30 just to get to work by 8, so for the sake of convenience, I have a bagel from my office's kitchen most mornings. Breakfast is a really difficult meal because it's so hard to find the time in the morning to make something nutritious.

• Kyle @ Rather-Be-Shopping.com

Kyle @ Rather-Be-Shopping.com 12/12/2012 2:09 p.m. #

This one is easy for me, I'd have a bagel bacon sandwich. That was an option , right?

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 12/12/2012 5:28 p.m. #

Bagel, but it was a tough call. If it was bagel without cream cheese, then bacon :-)

• Catherine

Catherine 12/12/2012 6:27 p.m. #

This question is like asking one to chose their favorite child!! I love bacon but would probably die without my bread/carb fix.

• Pauline

Pauline 12/12/2012 6:45 p.m. #

I would go for the bacon, and now without guilt!

• Squirrelers

Squirrelers 12/12/2012 9:14 p.m. #

I used to have bagels several mornings a week, but switched up to oatmeal. Sure, it has quite a few carbs, but it's better for you than a bagel! So there are some carb alternatives that aren't so bad for us!

• Taylor @ Repaid.org

Taylor @ Repaid.org 12/13/2012 5:15 a.m. #

Great infographic, Sicorra!

For me: BACON, definitely! My wife and I try to stick to a pretty paleo(-ish) diet, meaning most processed starches are out. Only issue? Meat and high-quality protein sources can get expensive, especially if you want to go the more natural/organic route.

• Cassie

Cassie 12/13/2012 10:44 a.m. #

Both are bad if eaten to excess, and neither one is going to make you fat if eaten in moderation. That being said, I am a bacon fiend. Unfortunately store bought bagels don't hold a candle to the ones my mom used to make, and I can't eat them anymore anyway. If I could have a bacon bagelwich, I'd be all over that sucker!