Interested in Increasing Your Income? Excellent Work From Home Jobs

work from home jobs

Do you think that the only way you will ever be able to stay home and still earn an income is by starting your own business? While that may be a great way to go about it, but it is not your only option. Now more than ever it is very possible for you to stay home everyday and work from your home office while earning a very similar income to those that are driving miles and miles every morning to get to their job.

And no, I am not talking about simply asking your current office manager if you can work from home, although that does work well for some people (unless you work for Yahoo).

What I am talking about are great office jobs with well known reputable companies that do understand the benefits of having their staff work from home. They know that it benefits both them and their staff for a huge variety of reasons, and they are happy to operate that way.

So whether you want to be a work from home dad, or a work from home mom like Becky, or you just enjoy the work from home life style no matter what your situation is, here are some great ideas for you.

Database of Canadian and US Work From Home Jobs

Today’s post is all about how you can increase your income by applying for and getting hired for one of these excellent work from home jobs.

Jobs at Apple

Who hasn’t heard of Apple? A massive international company that continues to grow on a daily basis. Apple has embraced the work from home concept and they are currently offering a number of exciting work from home jobs.

How would you like to work from home as an iTunes At-Home Advisor?  They are currently looking for self-motivated, detail oriented people, with some customer service experience and a quiet home workspace. They even offer you a monthly allowance to cover the cost of your Internet and phone line service.

Some of the other work from home jobs that Apple is currently advertising are:

At-home Team Manager

At-home Advisor – Apple Care

At-home Advisor that is fluent in Spanish

Jobs at InfoCision

InfoCision has been in business for 30 years and offers customer service work from home jobs. The benefits of working with them include weekly bonuses, training programs, and medical and dental assistance programs.

Customer Service/Call Center Representative: Full & Part Time Immediate Openings!

Jobs at Convergys

Convergys provides their clients with customer support services via their work from home call centers.

They are currently advertising for Work At Home - Customer Service & Sales Representatives to provide support for services such as Satellite TV, Internet, Wireless\Cell Phones, etc.

A high school diploma or GED is required.

Beacon Hill Staffing Group

Beacon Hill Staffing Group is currently recruiting for a .Net Developer to work from home. They are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience.

The BestIRS.com (Insurance Recruiting Specialists)

The BestIRS.com has posted an excellent work from home job for a landscaping company: Workers' Compensation Claims Coordinator (Work from Home)

This position requires 3 years of work experience and the listed salary is $60,000 to $70,000 per year.

Creative Influence

increasing your incomeCreative Influence is a wholesale importer of high tech items like USB flash drives, mp4 players and more for corporate buyers. They are currently hiring for the position of:

Sales Administrator & Client Support-Work From Home

Bay Street IT Group

Bay Street IT Group specializes in recruiting people in areas like IT, Marketing and Mining. They are currently searching for a person to work from home as a:

Recruiter – Work from Home, on a full-time basis.

A company in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Work from Home Real Estate Assistant

If you are an extremely organized person that enjoys real estate this could be the perfect position for you to apply for: Work from Home Real Estate Assistant

Jobs at ATB Financial

ATB Financial in Alberta is looking for a Broker Development Manager to work from home on a full-time basis. They are looking for a person with strong knowledge in mortgage underwriting, insurer guidelines, real estate and mortgage products.

Philazzure Services Ltd. - Toronto, ON

Philazzure Services Ltd. is currently searching for a Consultant, Management with 5 or more years of experience, along with a university degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Salary starts at $35.00\hour.

Jobs at TELUS

TELUS is hiring Client Care Representatives to work from home on a full-time basis under their At Home Agent program.  Must be available to attend an initial six week training program and be able to work up to 37.5 hours per week.

Loyalty and Retention Specialist - Part Time - The starting hourly wage is $23.21

Jobs at Checkfront Inc. - Vancouver, BC

Technical Support Specialist – Work From Home

Checkfront Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join their innovative team in supporting an award winning cloud based e-commerce solution. You get to work from the comfort of your own home which reduces your personal carbon footprint and eliminates the hassle of a commute.

Ares Staffing

Ares Staffing is recruiting a work from home Project Coordinator based in Toronto, Ontario. This is a full-time position and requires a university or college degree along with at least 5 years of experience.

Work From Home Jobs are Evolving

In the past work from home jobs were typically scams or low paying jobs. But as you can see from the short sample list of job postings shown above, the opportunities to work from home in decent, well paying jobs, are quickly increasing.

As someone who monitors work from home job postings quite frequently I can honestly say that there are more work from home opportunities available today then there were even a year ago.

If you are interested in finding ways to increase your income you can also checkout other blog posts that I have written that have lots of helpful information and resources:

How to Make Money at Home: 9 Great Ideas

Canadian Work From Home Call Center Jobs

Dispel the Myth That All Work at Home Jobs are Crap

Is It Difficult to Find Good Work at Home Jobs?

Excellent Work From Home Jobs, Where to Find Them, Part 2

Do Side Hustles Really Help You Make Money?

Where to Find Work From Home Jobs

Have you been searching for a work from home job? What types of jobs have you found?

Comments

AverageJoe 03/04/2013 4:54 a.m. #

I knew you'd work in a Yahoo! reference! If I didn't absolutely love what I'm doing now, I'd jump all over that iTunes job. I'm an iTunes junkie and feel like I'm constantly helping older friends set up their iTunes and learn to download things like awesome financial podcasts. ;-)

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:47 p.m. #

I bet that iTunes job would be a lot of fun to do.

• Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank

Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank 03/04/2013 5:15 a.m. #

My company allows us to work from home, but it really comes down to the boss that you have and if they are stuck in the stone age or not.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:48 p.m. #

Yes, it did in my last corporate job as well. I thought it was ridiculous. It should be all or nothing.

DC @ Young Adult Money 03/04/2013 5:17 a.m. #

This is a great list! I imagine when I start job searching for my next job I will be looking in part for work from home job opportunities that my company offers. There are a surprising number of jobs that are either work from home or where you work for someone physically located in a different state.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:49 p.m. #

Sometimes you can find work from home jobs for a company that is not just in another state but half way around the world, but I guess that depends on the industry a person works in too.

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 03/04/2013 7:45 a.m. #

I would agree Sicorra that work from home jobs are evolving, and will continue to do so in my opinion. We've seen the growth in it as well and we'll often pick up some freelance writing assignments to pick up a little extra cash on the side.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:50 p.m. #

Hopefully things continue to move in this direction and not go backwards.

• Michelle

Michelle 03/04/2013 8:12 a.m. #

Interesting list! I know of a couple of people who definitely need to look at this post for work at home jobs :)

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:51 p.m. #

Thanks Michelle!

• Debt and the Girl

Debt and the Girl 03/04/2013 8:42 a.m. #

Thanks for the great info. Will have to check some of these out.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:51 p.m. #

Good luck! It could work out well.

• Grayson @ Debt Roundup

Grayson @ Debt Roundup 03/04/2013 8:43 a.m. #

It seems that working from home has started to become a little more legitimate. I remember when you could work from home stuffing envelopes, but most would rarely be paid. I like seeing real companies grabbing hold of this.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:53 p.m. #

Exactly! It is good to see. I would say that working from home with either small or the huge companies that I have listed has become a lot more legitimate in the last 1 to 2 years. People need to forget about how there use to be crappy jobs and embrace these new opportunities.

• Janine

Janine 03/04/2013 9:17 a.m. #

Great list as always!!! These are always so helpful, thank you for posting them!

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:55 p.m. #

Thanks Janine!

• Edgar @ Degrees and Debt

Edgar @ Degrees and Debt 03/04/2013 9:40 a.m. #

Working at home is a benefit I just couldnt live without at this point. On days I work from home from my 9to5er I am able to multi task and work on some grad school stuff as well as my other side projects and ventures. It's a life saver.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:57 p.m. #

That sounds awesome! It is so great that you have that flexibility.

• Justin @ The Family Finances

Justin @ The Family Finances 03/04/2013 9:49 a.m. #

You're right that work-at-home ideas have come a long way. I know I'm kept busy with my day job and blog, but I'll have to get my wife to check into some of these. She's been trying to think of something she can do during downtime from taking care of our little boy.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 4:58 p.m. #

There are some great work from home call center jobs that are perfect for stay at home moms. You can choose the hours you can work based on when your children sleep or your spouse is home to care for your children.

krantcents 03/04/2013 9:56 a.m. #

Nice ideas! I see a pattern though, all those jobs require a technology background at some level.

Sicorra 03/04/2013 5 p.m. #

For most of the above jobs you are right.

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 03/04/2013 10:47 a.m. #

What a great list! Thank you for putting it together. I know so many people who would like to work from home either full-time or part-time but have trouble weeding out legitimate jobs from scams. I'll be sending them your way. :)

Sicorra 03/04/2013 5:01 p.m. #

Thanks Shannon! Finding good work from home is definitely becoming easier.

• CarolB

CarolB 03/04/2013 11:35 a.m. #

Thanks for a great list! I currently work 10 hours a week for a non-profit, from home. It's been good but I am thinking on adding to that. Working from home has really helped me "be there" when my kids have needed me, but yet enable me to earn an income. You do have to treat your home-based job like any other job, though. I didn't at first, and found it sometimes hard to "get going." I now set aside "official" work hours every day, the same as if I had gone into the office. The big difference? I'm often still in my work out clothes or pajamas! lol

Sicorra 03/04/2013 5:04 p.m. #

It does take some discipline, doesn't it? Good to hear that you have found a job that you can do from home. That is great!

When the corporation I worked for first allowed me to work at home and I was single, many days I would get up, log on, start working, and forget that I hadn't even had a shower yet. :-)

• CarolB

CarolB 03/06/2013 11:49 a.m. #

I've been known to walk my youngest to the bus in my pajamas! But only in cooler weather when I can wear a jacket over them.

Corina Ramos 03/04/2013 1:18 p.m. #

This is an awesome list Sicorra, thanks for putting it together - like a one stop shop for work from home jobs, LOL :)

It's refreshing to know more companies are embracing the work-from-home concept, unlike the CEO of Yahoo who recently announced her employees will no longer telecommute.

I've been working from home for a while now and I can say with all I have on my plate I still managed to get my work done and perform as expected.

Great post!

• Sicorras

Sicorras 03/04/2013 5:07 p.m. #

Thanks Corina! Our posts touched on similar subjects today. I think Yahoo will regret their decision and I think many of their staff will quit. I agree with what you said in your post, about if she doesn't think that meetings online are good enough then just have everyone come in one day a week for face to face meetings and see if that works.

Many years ago when I first asked my boss if I could work from home I told her right upfront that if there were ever any meetings with her or with clients that I needed to attend in person, I would definitely be there. It worked out very well.

• Catherine

Catherine 03/04/2013 6:08 p.m. #

Another great list! I'm going to pass the post URL along to a friend of mine :)

Sicorra 03/05/2013 11:49 a.m. #

Thanks Catherine!

• Daisy @ Young Finances

Daisy @ Young Finances 03/04/2013 8:18 p.m. #

I love that there are more companies offering work-from-home options. It's not only great for work/life balance and family life, it's also great for the environment. Less time commuting = less pollution!

Sicorra 03/05/2013 11:51 a.m. #

Less commuting would be great for so many reasons. As you said less pollution, but also less traffic to major centres.