Let’s Play 20 Questions With Corina @WFHConcepts

I am very happy to annouce that Tackling Our Debt is expanding and changing from a simple finance blog to an online magazine that focuses on such topics as frugal living\saving money, making money, credit\debt\loans, health, recipes, small business, finance, inspirational and more. As I work on this expansion I have a number of new things happening over the next while.

To begin with I am adding amazing contributors who love to write and are experts on specific topics.

lets play 20 questions with corinaI thought it would be fun to introduce the first contributor, Corina from Houston, Texas, with Let’s Play 20 Questions.

Please welcome Corina, the author behind the extremely helpful site: Work from Home Concepts.

Let’s Play 20 Questions With Corina @WFHConcepts

social butterfly

When you attend a social function would you consider yourself an introvert or a social butterfly?

I’m a social butterfly.  You can say I’m the loud one at our family functions, everyone knows when I’ve arrived, LOL. My mom once told me she could hear me from her house (I live a house down from her) when we’re outside hanging out :-)

If you could do one thing over in your life, what would it be?

I would not have gotten married the first time, I was way too young.

What’s a secret ambition of yours?

I would love to run a dog shelter. I’ve been seeing lots of stray dogs in my neighborhood and it breaks my heart. I’ve started buying cans of dog food and keeping them in my car. When I see a dog I’ll pull over and give it some food. At least I know they’re getting one meal that day. I call it “Feeding All Da Babies”.

What is it that you absolutely couldn’t live without?

I couldn’t live without my family. I need them to bring me back to reality, to snap out of it like my daughter says, when I’m working too much.

How would you describe yourself as a child?

Well, I was a bad girl. I would get my brother into trouble and set him up sometimes. It’s his fault he fell for it :-).

I liked playing with Barbie dolls but I also loved playing kickball and playing basketball with my uncles.

Your favorite movie of all time?

I have lots of them but my favorite movie of all time is Love At First Bite. It stars George Hamilton and it was released like in the late 70’s, early 80’s I think.

It’s just too funny. In the first scene Dracula is playing the piano and the wolves are hollowing. Then he says “Children of the night, shut up” I’m LOL right now!

Finish this sentence: A perfect day would be one where...

I can hop on the motorcycle with my husband and take a long ride forgetting about everything just for a little while and also reflect on how blessed I am at the same time.

Your family’s favorite dinner?

Chicken Flautas but it’s so much work to make. I haven’t made it in a while, I just might surprise the fam this week.

Cat person or dog person?

For the longest time I was a cat person and still am but lately I’ve fallen in love with dogs. I have four pit bulls and they are the love of my life. They don’t know what it’s like to live outside and I told my husband when all the kids move out I want two extra rooms, one for my grandson and one for the dogs. He says I’m crazy of course LOL.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, and the sky was the limit, where would it be, and why?

I would love to visit Italy and go to the Vatican and Sistine Chapel to know more about my religion.

A song that instantly makes you want to shake your booty?

The Black Eyed Peas, Rock That Body.

Your favorite subject in high school?

My clerical classes, it was called OEA Office Education Association.

Your favorite toy as a child?

I’d say my pink bike. I would ride it for hours and I can still picture my grandfather looking after me and shouting out to watch the cars.

Favorite month?

Hands down, November. I just love Thanksgiving.

Favorite fun family activity?

We haven’t done this in a while but playing Rock Band. I was the singer.

If you could invite 3 people you have never met to dinner who would they be and why?

Wow, this one’s got me thinking…let’s see, I’d invite Billy Joel, Carly Simon, and Carole King. I love their music and I bet they have the best stories about how they created their songs.

First car you ever owned?

It was a Chevy Nova, 1978 I think that was the year.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Ah, Blue Bell’s Cookies N Cream.

Do you speak a second language?

Yes, I speak Spanish.

How old were you when you first started working and what was your first job?

My first job was as a file clerk for Tenneco Oil in 1987.

Thank you very much for sharing Corina! I enjoy getting to know you better, and I am looking forward to having you contribute to Tackling Our Debt.

Comments

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 9:09 a.m. #

Thanks for much for inviting me to contribute to what sounds like will be an awesome online magazine and I'm so proud and honored to be a part of it!

I was reading over the interview and I'm so glad you left it as is with the smiley faces and LOL's. I like people to know the real me. What you see is what you get :)

Have a great day Sicorra and thanks again!

Sicorra 04/03/2013 4:16 p.m. #

Welcome Corina! So happy we connected last year and it will be a lot of fun to work with you this year.

AverageJoe 04/03/2013 9:39 a.m. #

I love this! Corina nearly nailed it with the Blue Bell, but missed the best flavor. It's Great Divide, of course....

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 1:26 p.m. #

You're my favorite AverageJoe because you like Blue Bell :) Have you tried Chocolate Moo-llennium Crunch?

Sicorra 04/03/2013 4:18 p.m. #

I have never heard of Blue Bell but it sounds like they have some amazing flavors.

krantcents 04/03/2013 10:37 a.m. #

As I was reading this I could not really relate because I presume it generational until you mentioned Billy Joel. He is my all time favorite. I really relate to the music, probably as a former New Yorker. My wife and I have gone to 5-6 of his concerts over the years. A small tidbit, my brother in law went to high school (Hicksville, no kidding!) with him.

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 4:21 p.m. #

I'm glad we have something in common krantcents! I love Billy Joel and how lucky is your brother-in-law to have gone to high school with him.

I've never seen him in concert but I have his CDs and I know it doesn't do him justice!

Good to meet you :)

Sicorra 04/03/2013 4:23 p.m. #

Your brother in law went to high school with Billy Joel? That is so cool. I enjoy his music as well.

• Bren

Bren 04/03/2013 10:37 a.m. #

Hey Corina! Fancy seeing you here! This is a great thing to do and good way to get to know someone! I totally remember Love at First Bite. As a child, I had a huge crush on George Harrison. When I look back now, what was I thinking? :)

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 4:27 p.m. #

You're too funny but he was a cutie back then :) Today, he's overdoing it at the tanning salons, LOL but I'll always be a fan!

Sicorra 04/03/2013 4:57 p.m. #

Thanks for stopping by Bren! Really appreciate it :-)

• Rich Uncle EL

Rich Uncle EL 04/03/2013 11:06 a.m. #

I enjoy questions like these it helps me connect a bit more with the person behind the writing. Awesome, have to check out that movie.

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 4:37 p.m. #

It was fun answering them and I'm having a great time connecting with new people.

You definitely have to check out the movie. Lots of cameos by celebrities too.

Sicorra 04/03/2013 4:59 p.m. #

It is fun to get personal. Thanks for checking it out!!

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 04/03/2013 11:20 a.m. #

Love this! It's always fun getting to know people better - especially when it's one of my favorite twitter friends!! I love your perfect day and you can make chicken flautas for me anytime! :) I'm looking forward to your future posts, Corina!

Sicorra - you need to play questions too! We want to learn more about you too!!

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 4:41 p.m. #

You too much Shannon, thank you :) You're one of my favorite Tweeps as well!

I had a great time filling out the questionnaire and it's been great connecting with new folks here.

If you're ever in Texas stop by and I'll cook it up for you girl! :) My grandmother raised us to show love by cooking.

I can't wait to read everyone's 20 questions, it's gonna be fun!

Sicorra 04/03/2013 5:01 p.m. #

Thanks very much Shannon!

I posted one of these last year before I met you guys :-) They are fun!

DC @ Young Adult Money 04/03/2013 2:46 p.m. #

Welcome Corina! Looking forward to reading your posts. I would be very excited if you started a dog shelter, there can never be too many.

Corina Ramos 04/03/2013 4:47 p.m. #

Thanks DC, good to meet you. I'm looking forward to connecting with you as well!

Thanks for show of support for my dog shelter dream. I just fed a dog on my way home from picking up dinner. It just broke my heart. I want to scoop them all up and bring them home :)

Sicorra 04/03/2013 5:03 p.m. #

Hey DC! Really appreciate your support :-)

• Pauline

Pauline 04/03/2013 6:08 p.m. #

that was a fun interview, I like the randomness of questions. Congratulations on the blog expansion Sicorra, all the best to you!

Sicorra 04/03/2013 7:50 p.m. #

Thanks Pauline! :-)

• Kevin Watts @GraduatingfromDebt

Kevin Watts @GraduatingfromDebt 04/03/2013 7:33 p.m. #

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Sicorra 04/03/2013 7:51 p.m. #

Thanks for stopping by Kevin!

Corina Ramos 04/04/2013 1:34 p.m. #

Thanks Kevin! I'm really excited and looking forward to a great connection! Hope you're having a great day!

• Debbie

Debbie 04/04/2013 10:36 a.m. #

Hi Corina; I enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about you, here. Nice to meet you, Sicorra. :-)

Sicorra 04/04/2013 3:44 p.m. #

Hi Debbie, happy to connect with you as well :-)

Corina Ramos 04/04/2013 4:15 p.m. #

So glad two of my favorites are connecting! Thanks for this Sicorra :)

• KK @ Student Debt Survivor

KK @ Student Debt Survivor 04/04/2013 8:24 p.m. #

Excited for your expansion Sicorra, hope we'll still hear your voice in the articles! Welcome Corina!

Sicorra 04/05/2013 11:44 a.m. #

Thanks very much KK!!

Corina Ramos 04/06/2013 2:16 p.m. #

Hi KK,

Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm looking forward to this :)

Sorry for the late reply but Sicorra will be the first to tell you I'm pulled in all kinds of directions over here :)

Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

• Thrifty Dad

Thrifty Dad 04/05/2013 9:58 a.m. #

Welcome Corina! Looking forward to reading your posts and looking forward to all the exciting new changes on this blog.

Sicorra 04/05/2013 11:45 a.m. #

Thank you! Have a great weekend :-)

Corina Ramos 04/06/2013 2:18 p.m. #

Thanks for the warm welcome Thrifty Dad! I'm also excited about meeting new folks like you and the others :)

• Justin

Justin 04/05/2013 8:58 p.m. #

Good luck with the expansion Sicorra. I loved the interview. It's a great way to introduce a new member of the site. Keep up the good work.

Sicorra 04/06/2013 9:59 a.m. #

Thanks very much Justin! Good luck with your blog as well :-)

• Laurie @thefrugalfarmer

Laurie @thefrugalfarmer 04/06/2013 10:06 a.m. #

What a fun post -thanks to both of you! Corina, it was fun getting to know you better. :-)