Top 6 Android Apps to Manage Your Personal Finances

android apps for personal finances

Nowadays, you no longer need to carry around your cheque book or run to your bank or your computer to keep track of your personal finances. With the creation of mobile apps you can now manage your personal finances using your tablet or cell phones. Most people are highly unlikely to leave home without their gadgets so it’s just logical that app developers have caught on with the growing trend of creating apps that are not just for entertainment. From your mobile device, you can check and keep track all your finances while on the go.

With all these android finance apps becoming available, there are bound to be a handful of these apps that really stand out as effective and useful financial management apps. Choosing the best one for you will depend on what you want and need. Here are a few of those android apps that have been well-received in the market.

Easy Money

When it comes to keeping track of your budget and expenses you will find that Easy Money is a very reliable and easy to use android app.

With Easy Money you can manage your transactions, bills and expenses quickly and easily. The app allows you to track your spending and plan for future expenses. You can set it up so that you receive reminders for upcoming payments and notices regarding any payments you miss.

You can also split transactions, take photos of your receipts and import data.

Easy Money isn’t free but it has a 30-day trial period to help you decide if it’s the app for you.

Pageonce

Pageonce is another personal finance management app that lets you see your accounts in one integrated location. This android app can integrate all your online accounts and even allows you to make bill payments. You can set alerts for upcoming payments or when you’re nearing your budget limit. Like most financial apps, it also has security measures in place for the users’ protection.

Expense Manager

Expense Manager is a simple application with useful and functional features. This app allows you to manage your personal finances without synching to your accounts online. You can set up your accounts in the app and manage your income and expenses via manual input. You can track your income and expenses on a weekly, monthly or even yearly basis. This application also helps you analyze and compare your finances through monthly statements and summaries.

Financisto

Financisto is an open-source android app that can help you manage mulitple accounts and expenses. You simply fill in your current accounts and balances and put in your transactions as you make them. You can also set up your budgets and track your expenses against them.

Financisto also allows for online backup of your data. This app is free but you can give a donation to the developer if you like the app.

If you travel alot you will appreciate the fact that this app helps you keep track of currency exchange rates.

Debt Snowball

As the name suggests, the Debt Snowball app helps you track your debts and also enables you to come up with a way to pay them off. You can simply put in all the information including how much money you can afford to put towards debt repayment per month and this app can help you figure out how to pay off those debts. It helps you pay off smaller debts first, and gives you the motivation to manage your bigger debts.

Mint.com

Mint.com, a popular web-based financial management website, has a free mobile application that lets you access your Mint account from your android device.

Mint enables you to see all your financials in one place—be it your investments, savings, and checking accounts. It also helps you track your budget and expenses. The app has the same features you can find on the website. You don’t have to worry about security as well since strict security measures are in place to make sure your information is safe.

Are you taking advantage of any apps to help you manage your personal finances? Which one works best for you?

Comments

DC @ Young Adult Money 04/08/2013 5:19 a.m. #

I actually haven't tried ANY of these apps, not even MINT :0 I definitely would like to try out some of the personal finance apps out there, so I might start with your list. Thanks for sharing!

Sicorra 04/08/2013 11 a.m. #

Yes, check them out and see what you think. The number of apps out there just for finance is incredible.

• Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank

Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank 04/08/2013 5:31 a.m. #

Great post Siccora.
      All too often I see posts focusing on IOS apps rather than Android.

I personally user - Expense Manager, it probably isn't the best one out there, but I have too much data in there to change now.

Sicorra 04/08/2013 11:02 a.m. #

Thanks Glen! I know what you mean about IOS. We're an Android house with a bit of Windows so that is all I will focus on, but most apps are developed to work on multiple platforms anyways.

And you make a good point. Once you have everything setup on a certain app it may be a bit of work if you want to switch to a different one.

AverageJoe 04/08/2013 5:48 a.m. #

Some cool apps! I've never heard of Financisto before. I'm going to check that out, thanks!

Sicorra 04/08/2013 11:03 a.m. #

Good luck! I know you will love IOS apps, which I'm sure they offer as well.

• John S @ Frugal Rules

John S @ Frugal Rules 04/08/2013 6:48 a.m. #

Good write up Sicorra! I've not heard of all of these, so I learned something new today. :) We really do not use any apps to manage our finances, other than maybe a coupon one to save some money around town.

Sicorra 04/08/2013 11:05 a.m. #

Thanks John! I'm actually surprised to hear that you don't use any. :-)

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 04/08/2013 10:53 a.m. #

Looks like some interesting apps. I have an iPhone, so I will have to see if they have an iOS version. Gotta love apps :)

Sicorra 04/08/2013 11:06 a.m. #

Yes, I think you will find that they have versions for everyone. Check them out!

• Justin

Justin 04/08/2013 8:57 p.m. #

I really need to start using my phone better. I rarely use any apps and usually limit myself to the internet.
      I especially like the debt snowball idea. Anything to visualize my goal.

Corina Ramos 04/08/2013 9:09 p.m. #

Thanks for sharing details about these apps, Sicorra. I really don't like doing finance stuff on my phone for fear a hacker can access and steal my stuff, but now that I know about these apps, I might feel a little more at ease and willing to access my bank account when I need to instead of waiting until I get home :)

• Kim@Eyesonthedollar

Kim@Eyesonthedollar 04/08/2013 9:30 p.m. #

Ah, if I only had a smartphone. I suppose you could use these on a tablet as well. That is the more likely purchase in my near future.

• Jerry

Jerry 04/09/2013 10:46 a.m. #

Very interesting write up. Personally, I do no town a smartphone. Still using an old-school slider and I forget it on my desk 90 percent of the time. Still stuck in the Stone Age of pencil and paper.

• Lisa

Lisa 04/20/2013 10:52 a.m. #

Great list of apps. I should really try one of these out Sicorra. Expense manager looks really interesting to me. It would sure makes things easier :) I had used mint.com in the past but not as an app.