20 Powerful Life Lessons – Part 2

powerful life lessons

About a year ago I posted a collection of some of my favorite inspiring and uplifting quotes that I have collected over the years from various sources. Although each one sounds so simple, the meaning behind each one is quite profound.  Reading through them every once in a while helps remind me about the things that are truly important in life.

Related:  20 Powerful Life Lessons

Here are 20 more powerful life lessons.

1. I’ve learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

2. I’ve learned that there are people who love you dearly, but just don’t know how to show it.

3. I’ve learned that learning to forgive takes practice.

4. I’ve learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

5. I’ve learned that you can keep going long after you think you can’t.

6. I’ve learned that no matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides.

7. I’ve learned that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

8. I’ve learned that it’s not what happens to people that’s important. It’s what they do about it.

9. I’ve learned that the paradigm we live in is not all that is offered to us.

10. I’ve learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completely different.

friends11. I’ve learned that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other. And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

12. I’ve learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

13. I’ve learned that you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or bizarre. And what a tragedy it would be if they believed you.

14. I’ve learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

15. I’ve learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the ones to help you get back up.

16. I’ve learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

17. I’ve learned that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

18. I’ve learned that your family won’t always be there for you. It may seem funny, but people you aren’t related to can take care of you and love you and teach you to trust people again. Families aren’t just biological, but of the soul.

19. I’ve learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

20. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

Comments

krantcents 04/19/2013 9:03 a.m. #

Very interesting, you have wisdom beyond your years!

DC @ Young Adult Money 04/19/2013 9:37 a.m. #

"I’ve learned that you can keep going long after you think you can’t." Really like this one.

• CarolB

CarolB 04/19/2013 11:17 a.m. #

Hi Sicorra, thanks for sharing such insightful life lessons. I think I've been through each one of these at some point in time. Glad to have them compiled in one location.
      Happy Friday to you! And have a great weekend.

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 04/19/2013 12:39 p.m. #

Great quotes, Sicorra. It's important to have some favorite quotes that inspire and motivate you. Definitely going to bookmark this post for when I need some perspective in the future. :)

Thank you again for participating in the Financial Literacy Awareness Carnival. Your post was fantastic and I really appreciate your support. I'm so glad we connected!! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Corina Ramos 04/19/2013 1:50 p.m. #

That picture is too cute Sicorra!

I always love reading quotes like these, especially when I'm having one of those moments, it just inspires me and gets me motivated. My favorite ones were #2 (I wonder why, LOL), #5, #12, #15 and #16.

Hope you're enjoying your day off!

• Debbie

Debbie 04/19/2013 2:28 p.m. #

Thumbs up to all; especially # 19. Great post!

• Pauline

Pauline 04/19/2013 6:34 p.m. #

great lessons, I wish we all knew them by the time we reach 18 instead of going through life making mistakes, but that is the good part about growing up, it gets better!

• femmefrugality

femmefrugality 04/20/2013 11:49 a.m. #

These are so beautiful. It's taken me longer to learn some of these than others, and being reminded of them is so truly important.

• Laurie @thefrugalfarmer

Laurie @thefrugalfarmer 04/21/2013 7:44 a.m. #

Sicorra, this is wonderful. I especially love #5, although every single one is indeed a powerful life lesson. Thanks for sharing this wisdom :-)