Whether you have decided to work from home or if you’ve been the victim of down-sizing in your company there still has to be some kind of income streaming in while searching for your next job, right?
Folks start to panic at the thought of having no income while in between jobs. And I don’t blame them. There are bills to pay and the family’s got to eat so it’s completely understandable that someone in that situation would be frustrated.
But it doesn’t have to be that way my friends. Today’s post is about sharing ideas on how you can make money from home using skills that you already have.
Don’t Just Sit There, Use Your Talents To Make Money From Home
You can’t sit in front of the computer all day searching and applying for jobs. Instead, take advantage of the valuable time on your hands and use your talents to make money from home.
Here are some ideas you might want to consider. Aside from having skills to work in an office maybe you have a knack for sewing like Carla of My 1/2 Dozen Daily.
Carla is a stay-at-home “frugal mom” who sews unique and fun creations like cell phone cases, placemats, wallets, and table runners and lots more. She’s been sewing for a number of years and is self-taught. She is extremely busy with her sewing but when she does have spare time she also blogs about personal finance and all the ways that she saves money.
Clients rave about her work and when people talk about your stuff, you’re just that good!
Can you believe she made these wallets from scratch?
You can also make money from home by:
- Baking/Cooking for busy families who want a healthy meal but do not have time to prepare it. If you deliver, you can charge a delivery fee.
- Providing concierge services like picking up groceries or running other errands for those who are without transportation.
- Creating gift baskets for special occasions like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, even baskets for someone during a hospital stay.
- Styling hair. I know I would love for someone to straighten my hair, my arms get tired. There may be other ladies who feel that way too especially for special occasions or date night.
Fellas, I haven’t forgotten about you. There are also some things you can do while in between jobs. Such as:
- IT Support
- Handyman Work
- Man Cave Designer
- Garage or Basement Organizer
You can also sign up to do freelance work or work as a call center agent.
The point I’m trying to make is there are plenty of things we can do to make money from home while we’re in between jobs.
Don’t let the stress of finding another job cloud your concentration. Take a moment and think about your skills and what you love to do, and make it happen for you, too.