4 Important Signs of a Work-from-Home Scam

You may or may not have known this but my first work-from-home job was a scam. So today, I’d like to share the signs of a work from-home-scam which are very important to know. But instead of telling you about it, I’d like to show you with my first ever infographic. I hope you enjoy!

The Signs of a Work-from-Home Scam

work from home scams

Other Things To Look Out For

• If you never applied for a job and suddenly you’re approached via email
  • If there is no company information
  • If the so-called recruiter will only communicate with you via chat
  • If an ad claims to make hundreds of dollars a day for only working 1 to 2 hours a day

Related: Ready to Work from Home? Here Are 10 Careers to Consider

Sharing Is Caring

Let’s spread the word. Please share this post with everyone you know so they too will know what to look out for when searching for a work-from-home job.

Over To You

I’m sure we’ve all come across an ad that sounds kind of fishy. What’s the most creative scam you’ve come across? What other signs did you pick up that sounded the scam alarm? Let’s talk about it in the comments section below.

corina

Corina Ramos

Corina is a work-from-home mom rolling with the punches while trying to balance a family and an online business. She is dealing with teens, grey hair, and wrinkles all at the same time! She recently launched a new blog known as Not Now Mom's Busy which talks about teen issues, juggling family life with work life, living on a budget, and so much more.

Follow Corina on Twitter at Corina Ramos or Facebook.

Comments

DC @ Young Adult Money 09/04/2013 4:41 a.m. #

Great reminder, Corina, that there are many work-from-home scams out there. No job is going to net you hundreds of dollars in just an hour or two, especially if it's from home and requires no experience/skills!

Corina Ramos 09/04/2013 1:26 p.m. #

Thanks DC.

I came across some funny stuff while I was doing some research and thought it would be a great time to remind everyone about these.

And these scam artists are getting more creative so we have to stay on top it.

Thanks for stopping by...hope you're having a great week!

• No Waste

No Waste 09/04/2013 11:41 a.m. #

No doubt, I love that chart.

If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

Corina Ramos 09/04/2013 3:44 p.m. #

Thanks No Waste!

That was my very first one and now I've caught the infographic bug...on to the next one LOL.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Wednesday!

• Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr

Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr 09/04/2013 2:44 p.m. #

I'd like to find more work at home jobs to help round out my income but I'm always a bit hesitant to jump in. There are so many scams that I worry about get taken. But like you say - if you do your due diligence you can weed out the scams from the legit opportunities.

Corina Ramos 09/04/2013 3:48 p.m. #

You've got that right girlfriend!

Don't let it stop you but do your homework or find a trustworthy resource (ahem...me :)) who you know will provide you with real job leads.

Good luck my friend and happy Wednesday!

krantcents 09/04/2013 6:05 p.m. #

If it seems too good to be true it probably is! I remember going to a MLM meeting and walked away thinking it was a scam. It was all about buying inventory and that was what they were selling.