Beautiful Autumn Walk In The Park: Calgary #YYC – Pics

beautiful autumn walk in the park

One of the many things I love about Calgary is how many beautiful huge parks there are throughout the city. Some are great for a leisurely stroll, or a bike ride. In other areas you will find some elevation changes in the terrain that allow you to do some uphill hiking. The river runs through many of the parks and in the summer you will often see people rafting down the river and enjoying the sun.

It is funny how quickly Calgary jumps from summer to winter with only a few weeks in between to enjoy the leaves changing colour on all the different types of trees in the parks and throughout the neighbourhoods.

This past weekend was rather cool, around 10 degrees Celsius (50 F.) It was the perfect weekend to head over to our favorite park along the Bow River. We took a very long walk, enjoyed the view and took a ton of pictures. It seems every year we miss the leaves changing colour and we miss an Autumn walk in the park. This year we were determined to get out there, at least one last time before the snow begins to fall.

Pictures from Our Autumn Walk In The Park

autumn walk in the park

calgary parks in autumn

autumn leaves

pretty autumn leaves

autumn trees

Hope you enjoyed the tour. What is Autumn like where you live? Do you enjoy it, or do you prefer a different time of the year?

Comments

DC @ Young Adult Money 10/07/2013 5:31 a.m. #

Beautiful pics! I would say Fall is my favorite time of the year, despite the fact I have Fall allergies (of course!). I love the Fall colors, the cooler weather, football, and so many other things about the season.

Sicorra 10/07/2013 12:48 p.m. #

Thanks DC! Of course, football season. How could I forget? There was a big game in our city on Saturday. We never go, but I can easily see why so many, like yourself, enjoy it and look forward to it.

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 10/07/2013 10:26 a.m. #

Great pics, Sicorra! Fall is my favorite time of the year and it is clearly a beautiful season in Calgary, although 50 F sounds a bit chilly to this California girl! :) What a great place to enjoy a nice hike, especially since snow if probably just a few weeks out.

Sicorra 10/07/2013 12:51 p.m. #

Thanks Shannon! It did feel a bit chilly yesterday because the sun didn't come it. If it had it would have been perfect, even at 50 degrees. But I can see how it would be a big temp drop for you. Hence why so many move to where you are so that you can enjoy the warmer weather. I remember years ago being on a cruise with a couple from LA. It was around 70 out and we were in the swimming pool and they were shivering. Everyone had a good laugh.

Corina Ramos 10/07/2013 12:41 p.m. #

Those are awesome pictures Sicorra! What a view. I have to drive out of the city limits to get a view like that but it would be worth the drive.

We have some cooler weather this week and I can see the colors changing...I love fall!

Thanks for sharing! Have a great Monday!

Sicorra 10/07/2013 12:55 p.m. #

Thanks Corina! I bet your views outside your city are lovely, esp if the colors start to change. I saw a short report on the weather network last week about what really makes the color on the leaves change and then fall off. They said it has nothing to do with temperature. It is simply the fact that in the summer the days are much longer, so more sunshine and in the fall the days get shorter and the leaves do not produce enough of what they need to stay green so they begin changing to orange and yellow.

Hope you enjoy some cooler temps. I know for you cooler probably means in the 80's LOL

Have a great week :-)

krantcents 10/07/2013 5:43 p.m. #

I used to love the change of seasons and all the seasons when I lived in New York. I have been living in Los Angeles for over 40 years and enjoy visiting the change of seasons. I can visit the snow and beach in less than 90 minutes!

Sicorra 10/07/2013 7:05 p.m. #

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds within a very short distance. I would enjoy living near the beach too.

• Anthony @ Thrifty Dad

Anthony @ Thrifty Dad 10/07/2013 6:25 p.m. #

Great pics! We're starting to see the autumn colours here too. We always make it a point to get out for an autumn hike. Haven't done that yet this year. But weather's supposed to be nice this long weekend, so hopefully we can get out :)

Sicorra 10/07/2013 7:07 p.m. #

Thanks Anthony! There is some beautiful places to hike around your neck of the woods too. Hope you guys get a chance to get out for a hike this year. Have a good Thanksgiving weekend too.

• Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr

Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr 10/08/2013 3:24 p.m. #

Awesome pics, Sicorra! I have never been to Canada and I'm ashamed to admit it. Especially since I lived in Minnesota for so many years and you were my neighbors, so to speak! My brother has been to Calgary and he said it was beautiful. Some day I'll make it there. I love the Fall colors. We don't experience the same kind of change in LA, which is the one thing I miss. But I don't miss snow, however!

Sicorra 10/08/2013 4:54 p.m. #

Thanks very much Tanya!
        You were definitely close to Canada when you lived out east. When I was in Ontario we use to always go to Michigan for cross boarder shopping. So much more to choose from. We loved it. I've never been to Minnesota but I have been to LA. Like you, I wouldn't miss the snow either.