Why Mom’s Best Friend Is Her SmartPhone

moms best friend is her smartphone

Every now and then we go through a week when our schedule is full and there are one hundred and one things to do. You’ve got errands to run but at the same time there are comments to reply to, blogs to read and share, emails to answer, bills to pay, and the list can go on and on.

Technology has come to the rescue and made it possible for us to multitask like never before. In an effort to help users work smarter and not harder they’ve developed some great apps that will help us tackle our daily tasks and errands we have scheduled in our day.

A Smartphone Really Is A Mom’s Best Friend

It took me some time to realize why they called it a Smartphone. I had an assistant all along, my Samsung Galaxy phone. With applications that allow you to check personal and business email as well as your social media accounts, you can keep in touch with online friends and respond to important emails.

There’s An App For That, Really

There really are apps for just about everything, right? When I did a search for “mom’s schedule" I got a ton of hits but I found one that will help us mom’s keep up with our schedules and not miss a beat.

Cozi.com

Cozi.com is a free online sharing app and website that allows the whole family to check for upcoming appointments, school activities, grocery lists, meal planning, and more.

I love shopping at Kroger and now I can load coupons while I’m there with their app. Now you can view their weekly ad and you can see a list of the coupons you’ve selected so you never forget anything.

I just learned about this app last week but I will be trying it out on my next shopping trip.

Ibotta

Ibotta is a fun and exciting way to earn cash every time you shop. It features a list of items you can purchase at a participating store. You take a picture of your receipt for proof of purchase and earn cash back paid via Paypal. What’s not to love about an app that saves you money and can make you money at the same time?

Bloggers Can Use These Apps To Maintain Their Online Presence

My friend Lisa at Inspire To Thrive wrote about a Wordpress App that lets you write blog posts, add images, edit content, as well as moderate and reply to comments on your blog posts. This is especially handy for a mom that is always on the go.

Drop Box

Now you can have access to all your documents with Drop Box. You can store documents, images, and videos. Need to email them? You can do it right from your Smartphone instead of waiting to get home. You have 5 GB of free space but for $9.99 a month you can get 100 GB of space.

Note to Self

If you have a Galaxy phone, you can use the Memo to type a draft and email it to yourself. So you’ll be able to write whenever an idea strikes you.

Finally, Some Tips To Prevent You From Feeling Overwhelmed

No matter how much help your Smartphone is to you, remember you still have to be careful. Remember these things when you feel like you’re all over the place:

1. Don’t panic.
  2. Take a deep breath and know you can only do one thing at a time and be at one place at a time.
  3. Be thankful for being needed and remember when you do good things for others the payback is two-fold.
  4. You won’t get anything when you’re pouting or have a negative attitude. Keep positive energy around you and you’ll get through it faster.

Over To You

What are some of the apps you have on your Smartphone that you can’t do without? How do you keep calm when you’re schedule is full? Fill out the comments section below and share your tips.

Sharing Is Caring

I hope you found this post helpful and if you did, I’d really appreciate it if you would share this post in your social channels.

corina

Corina Ramos

Corina is a work-from-home mom rolling with the punches while trying to balance a family and an online business. She is dealing with teens, grey hair, and wrinkles all at the same time! She recently launched a new blog known as Not Now Mom's Busy which talks about teen issues, juggling family life with work life, living on a budget, and so much more.

Follow Corina on Twitter at Corina Ramos or Facebook.

Comments

DC @ Young Adult Money 10/30/2013 5:27 a.m. #

I think this can apply to males as well. While I have yet to download ibotta, I used drop box, wordpress, google drive, twitter, paypal, and many more apps to help me run my blog from my phone.

Corina Ramos 10/30/2013 11:28 a.m. #

You are so right DC my friend! These apps are for everyone.

I messed with iBotta over the weekend but I haven't got the hang of it yet.

Paypal is another app we can use...thanks for adding that! Happy Wednesday DC!

• FI Pilgrim

FI Pilgrim 10/30/2013 6:16 a.m. #

Voice recognition on the newer smartphones is incredibly helpful to me. Whether it's Google Now on Android or Siri on iPhone, being able to dictate long text messages while on the go or recording notes for myself when away from my office, it's a huge help that I don't function well without.

Corina Ramos 10/30/2013 11:48 a.m. #

That thing never recognizes my voice and I end up getting frustrated...my kids have a laugh on that one because I'm yelling at a phone :).

But yes this app can be a blogger's best friend :). Thanks for sharing that with us FI. Hope you're having a great day!

• Kristin

Kristin 10/30/2013 6:43 a.m. #

I have used ShopShop for a few years now. You can create shopping lists for multiple stores and the app remembers everything you have ever put on a list. I always forget a paper list when I go to the grocery store but I never forget my phone.

Corina Ramos 10/30/2013 12:33 p.m. #

Hi Kristen!

Thanks for telling us about the ShopShop app. Aye, I'm always forgetting my list and coupons and sometimes I forget my phone. I tell you if I didn't have my head on my shoulders, lol!

Appreciate you stopping by and sharing with us! Have a great day!

• Dare

Dare 10/30/2013 9:10 a.m. #

Hi Corina,

In addition to the free tools mentioned, I'm delighted to know of Ibbota, making money is an important thing to me.

The use of Google Drive is an added advantage to a blogger that is always on the move. the only requirement is that your smartphone should be internet enabled.

You can write, publish and edit your blog posts even while on the go.

Corina Ramos 10/30/2013 12:43 p.m. #

Hello Dare,

So nice to meet you. Thanks so much for tell us how we can use Google Drive. I'm going to have to check that one out myself :).

I hope you have a chance to check out ibotta. You can earn a little cash there and with the holidays around the corner it comes in handy :).

Hope you're having a great day!

• CarolB

CarolB 10/30/2013 10:12 a.m. #

My iPhone is so totally my best friend! I use it for just about everything - my calendar, phone lists, emails on the go, shopping apps to save money on the road, photos when I don't have my camera - the list goes on and on and on! I think at this point, I'd be a mess without my iPhone!

Corina Ramos 10/30/2013 12:49 p.m. #

I've only started to use my Galaxy for all the benefits it has. My daughter would be the one to tell me "Mom you need this app" One day she told me I was "missing out" and that's when I stopped and took time to check out the app store. :)

I know how you feel Carol! I love my phone more now and wouldn't know how to act if I lost mine too :).

Happy Wednesday Carol!

• Adrienne

Adrienne 11/01/2013 1:49 p.m. #

Hey Cori,

She's back!!! Great post topic I might add.

Don't laugh but I'm not a big cell person but then again, I don't have a family I have to keep up with either. Yep, so old school still. Hey, don't laugh because that grocery list still comes in handy and that pocket calendar never runs out of juice.

I know, I know, so last year. Oh wait, so ten years ago but I'm so use to how I've done things that it really is just as convenient. Now having my contacts in my phone I'm good but the rest not so much.

I enjoyed learning about these anyway so thank you for that. Good to see you again at Sicorra's blog and you ladies have a wonderful weekend.

~Adrienne

• Toshiba Burton

Toshiba Burton 11/02/2013 3:13 p.m. #

These tips are awesome, and some of them I've never heard of before! But with our busy schedules I'm sure a lot of these sure do come in handy. I'm going to try the Wordpress App sometimes I'm doing other things & I can't respond back to a comment as quick as I would like to, but hopefully this will alleviate the problem for me.