10 Fruits: Excellent Health Benefits

Do you enjoy eating fruit? Many people do. Whether it is because fruit is sweet and juicy, or because it is so good for our health, it is important to include a variety of fruits in our meals each day.

Fruits are high in vitamins, low in fat, low in calories, and high in water content, which will help keep your body slim and well hydrated. You can add slices of fruit to your favorite salad recipes, pulse them into a smoothie, or serve them as a delicious and healthy dessert.

We already talked about all the health benefits of lemons a few months ago, but there are many different kinds of fruits that help you look good and feel good.

Here are 10 fruits that offer excellent health benefits. Which one is your favorite?

fruits and excellent health benefits

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 03/18/2014 11:06 a.m. #

I definitely love fruit and we have some of the best available in California. It looks like I need to eat more strawberries because I would definitely like to delay getting any more wrinkles. LOL!

Sicorra 03/18/2014 2:12 p.m. #

Yes, I really envy all of the fresh fruit you have available in California. The strawberries and raspberries in our grocery stores are all from California. Even during the summer.

• Christy Garrett @ Uplifting Families

Christy Garrett @ Uplifting Families 03/18/2014 3:36 p.m. #

Cherries are my favorite and I would rather eat a ton of them than to ingest a bunch of motrin in addition to my pain medication. I haven't thought to try drinking cherry juice in when cherries aren't in the stores.

Sicorra 03/19/2014 4:37 p.m. #

I love cherries too Christy. I wish they were in season all year long.

• Corinne @ Home Biz Mom

Corinne @ Home Biz Mom 03/18/2014 8:44 p.m. #

I'll admit I was never a fruit eater growing up. But since I started cutting out gluten and eating healthier, I'm starting to love them. I love almost everything on that list, except for mangoes. I'm mildly allergic to them. Shame since they grow well here.

Sicorra 03/19/2014 4:40 p.m. #

With living in Hawaii I would guess that you have access to all kinds of wonderful fruit, year round. Sorry to hear you are allergic to mangoes. I put frozen pieces in my smoothies.

Corina Ramos 03/19/2014 12:17 p.m. #

Hey Sicorra,

I love fruit! Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know what the different fruits can do for us.

Definitely sharing! Happy Wednesday Comadre!

Sicorra 03/19/2014 4:41 p.m. #

Hey Corina,

Yes, me too. It is so sweet and delicious. A great thing to eat instead of cookies :-)