Great Ways Parents Can Save Money This Year #Infographic

As a single person you only have yourself to answer to when it comes to money and personal finances. But once you have a family things quickly become a lot more complicated. The money you earn may not be enough to cover all of your expenses which leaves you feeling quite upset at the end of every month. While you might be a saver, the rest of your family just spends and spends, and the next thing you know, your expenses are completely out of control.

When you have a family, saving money each and every day becomes extremely important. You never know when you might suddenly be out of work, or a family member may become ill. In both cases you will need to rely on your savings to get you through. As well you should always be saving money for your children’s education, as well as your own retirement.

The list of reasons as to why you should be building a savings account goes on and on, but how can a family build a savings account if they are finding that their current income barely covers their current expenses?

If you are tired of never having enough money, check out this infographic that I created for some excellent ideas on how parents can save money this year. Make sure to get your whole family involved, and make sure that every dime you save goes into your savings account to help you fulfill all of your future financial needs.

ways parents save money this year

Comments

Corina Ramos 03/27/2014 3:10 p.m. #

Love this infographic Sicorra!

I can relate to these, especially looking for better insurance which I need to do and turning off the lights, which I'm always doing.

I even go so far as unplug electronics we don't that aren't in use.

Thanks for sharing this. Hope you're having a good day. Catch up with you soon.

Cori

Sicorra 03/28/2014 6:46 p.m. #

Hey Corina,

Good for you guys for finding ways to reduce expenses. Unplugging electronics is a good tip. Personally I haven't done it, but I have heard from others that actually do it and compared their utility bills before and after and found a nice savings.

Hope your weekend goes well my friend!!

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 03/28/2014 10:39 a.m. #

Great tips, Sicorra. We definitely do all of them. I love that you included dental hygiene, which is very important to me. My father was an oral surgeon so you can imagine he was a stickler when it came to our dental hygiene! The girls, like most kids, have a tendency to leave lights and electronics on but I started showing them the graph on our utility bill so they could see our usage. I told them if they turned off lights, etc when they weren't in the room, Mom and Dad would have a lower bill and money to do fun stuff. They got a lot better after that! Have a great weekend!

Sicorra 03/28/2014 6:53 p.m. #

Dental expenses can add up quickly so I figured it was important too include. And I love that you show the girls how leaving lights on may reduce the amount of money that you have to spend on fun things. A lesson they can easily relate to.
        Hope your weekend goes well my friend!!

• Stephanie @ Six Figures Under

Stephanie @ Six Figures Under 04/04/2014 10:15 a.m. #

We do all of these :)

While my husband was in law school we did lots of babysitting swaps with other law school families. We have never paid for a babysitter!

Saving on food is one of my favorite ways to save. By preparing food at home and from scratch we save so much money. When we will be out, we always bring food with us. We also stock up when prices are low on staple items. Plus we have a big garden!

Sicorra 04/04/2014 1:18 p.m. #

You are so fortunate to have a big garden. I would love that. And very nice that you were able to share babysitting with other families. It can be quite convenient, right.

• Mike G

Mike G 04/23/2014 2:31 a.m. #

Really good saving tips. If parents or any individual wants to save a lot every year, they have to do it bit by bit but consistently. That way, saving is a lifestyle and not something you do when you think you have to.