Feeling Overwhelmed? Try a Quickie - Vacation

feeling overwhelmed try a quickie vacation

If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed from life’s daily routine, consider a quick vacation. Perhaps a short 2 or 3 day vacation to somewhere in your local area so that you can spend less time traveling and more time relaxing and enjoying yourself.

Maybe there is an exciting spot close to where you live that tourists typically go to when they visit your city or town but you haven’t had a chance to go there yet. Or perhaps you have a favorite spot but have been so busy that you haven’t been there in a long time. Whether you choose to visit a location quite close by or somewhere that is simply a three hour car ride away now is the time to get going.

Begin by creating a plan that includes a nice hotel that is close to things you enjoy, such as a museum, or a live theatre, amusement park or a shopping centre. And, make sure you will be close to some nice restaurants too.

You could check-in on Friday afternoon and relax and forget about things until Sunday or Monday evening. Of course your plans will be based on your personal schedule, but do your best to spend at least 2 to 3 days away from home.

Things To Do On Your Short Vacation:

• Take in a live theatre production or go to the movies.
  • Take your camera and go sightseeing or hiking.
  • Explore a museum or art gallery.
  • Do some shopping in an area that you haven’t been to in a while, or perhaps have never been to before.
  • Enjoy a restaurant that you have not been to before, and afterwards, find a club to go dancing.
  • Spend some time relaxing and reading a book.
  • If your hotel has a swimming pool, spend sometime in the pool splashing around, like when you were a kid.
  • Relax, unwind and enjoy your time away from your hectic schedule and daily routine.

It is important that you create short vacations for yourself so that you can use this time to re-energize your batteries. You can go alone, with your spouse, or with some close friends.

Constantly feeling overwhelmed and run off your feet can lead to health issues. Something we all want to avoid.

Hopefully after a nice enjoyable break you will return to your routine feeling refreshed and alive and ready to tackle new things.

Over to You

Do you do any of the tourist type things that your city or town has to offer?

• Ryan Biddulph

Ryan Biddulph 05/14/2014 6:29 a.m. #

Hi Sicorra,

I've circled the globe for 3 years now so I'm ALWAYS traveling. No better way to live for me and Kelli, as we see so much, experience so much, have fun and enjoy the ride. Sure we run into uncomfortable situations but overall we really dig it.

Sicorra 05/14/2014 5:22 p.m. #

Yes, you guys are fortunate in that you get to play, relax and still get work done everyday. Hope things are going well for you.

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 05/14/2014 10:52 a.m. #

Nothing rejuvenates me more than a few days away. While I love taking big trips to new places, there is something to be said for just taking a few relaxing days away. We tend to forget the value of just a few days away, but it really can make a huge difference and be affordable too.

Sicorra 05/14/2014 5:23 p.m. #

That is what I like about just taking a few days off to somewhere nice - it is usually affordable and it can be quite relaxing. Except of course when we take a few days off to go to Vegas - that adds up quickly ;-)

• Stephanie May

Stephanie May 05/14/2014 10:56 a.m. #

Sicorra, awesome ideas! It is so important to take a little time for yourself every now and then! It's amazing what it does for the mind and body too once it's time to go back to work. It's refreshing and gives you time to re-energize! I love your idea of grabbing the camera and going sightseeing. We often take off to go to baseball games to get away from the normal! And then of course look forward to the next time we will go! Hope your having a great week!

Sicorra 05/14/2014 5:27 p.m. #

Going to baseball games sounds like fun. A great way to take you mind off your normal routine, and you are right, it is always good to have something to look forward to, esp when you enjoy it so much.

Thanks very much for stopping by and enjoy your week too.

Corina Ramos 05/14/2014 12:18 p.m. #

Girl I need a quickie vacation! I wish I could get away but some how I get found :).

These are great ideas. My favorite one is going to the movies. I could also go for a pedicure with a glass of wine :). Ahhh!

Sicorra 05/14/2014 5:30 p.m. #

That is cute Corina - some how I get found.

Next time you try to sneak away make sure you do not leave a trail and then no one will find you girl LOL

A pedicure and glass of wine is a great idea too. Even one day away can still be a quickie vacay.

Have a great week!

• Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr

Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr 05/14/2014 3:35 p.m. #

I definitely need one of these! I have been feeling a bit burnt out lately, so I'm looking forward to enjoying a few days off at the end of the month. I'm not going anywhere, which is a bit of a bummer. But then again, I'm such a big baby when I'm away from Max. LOL! It's probably better that I just chill at home. But no work. I'm going to disconnect and veg!

Sicorra 05/14/2014 5:32 p.m. #

Yes, the month of May is wonderful with all the long weekends. Perfect way to kick off summer.

Hope you find time to relax and enjoy yourself too Tanya. :-)

And I know what you mean about being away from Max. We find it difficult as well since our best cat sitter moved to the other end of the city.

Have a great week!