Five Top Things I Love About Las Vegas

top things I love about las vegas

I have traveled to a number of different places in my lifetime and while Barcelona is high on my list as a place to visit again one day, Las Vegas is high on my list as well. And because it is only a three hour flight versus a 10 hour flight, it is a place that my husband and I can, and do visit quite often. Everytime we go to Vegas there are new places to visit, new hotels to check out and new restaurants to try. While most trips are only for a few days, we once went for 10 days and still felt like we didn’t have enough time to do everything we wanted to do. Whatever we miss simply goes on our list for the next trip. Here is a list of the five top things I love about Las Vegas, and why we go so often.

The Shopping in Las Vegas

Without venturing too far from the Las Vegas strip you will find many shopping malls with something for everyone and every budget. As Canadians we often look for deals on products that are not readily available in Canada, or we do have them here, but the prices are way too high (ie: Skechers). One of the most popular malls on the strip is called the Fashion Show Las Vegas mall. It is located right across from the Wynn Hotel.

It contains over 250 shops and restaurants including major department stores such as: Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdales.

One of the other malls that we always check out is an outdoor mall known as the Las Vegas Premium Outlets – North. It is not far from the strip and you can easily take a taxi or drive to it if you have access to a car. Being from Canada, I love being able to go there in December and walk around outside, from store to store, with a simple light jacket on. The mall is well designed and you will find stores such as Calvin Klein, DKNY, Hugo Boss Factory Store, Kenneth Cole, Rue21 and Perry Ellis, just to name a few.

The Delicious Gelato

The last time we went to Las Vegas our favorite location was City Center. As we wandered through the new Aria Resort and Casino we came across an amazing place that offered a wonderful selection of unique desserts, chocolates, pastries and gelato. This place is Jean Philippe Patisserie and it can be found on the Casino floor of the Aria. Of course we ended up having a cup of gelato for lunch, and it was the best ever.

The Bellagio

Bellagio Gardens LiliesWe like to drop in to the Bellagio each time we visit Las Vegas. You cannot go without watching the amazing Fountains of Bellagio show out front. It is always fun.

Next we like to go inside to see what type of garden design they have displayed on the main floor in the atrium behind the lobby.

The garden display is quite large and seems to be seasonal. This last time it was filled with lovely autumn colors and amazing Halloween designs.

Our absolute favorite display is the spring display of beautiful Lily flowers and other spring arrangements.

And of course we cannot leave without spending a bit of money in the casino itself. While my husband enjoys playing Craps, I love playing slots with jackpots because you have a chance to win a large sum of money. And even if I do not win I always get excited when I hear that someone else has won the jackpot.

The Dining Options

Dining options are constantly changing in Las Vegas, which is wonderful.

The newest addition to the Las Vegas strip is a restaurant in a recently renovated hotel. The Cromwell Las Vegas, formerly known as Billys, was recently renovated and Giada De Laurentiis has opened her first-ever restaurant, GIADA inside The Cromwell, overlooking the Las Vegas Strip. Her menu includes Italian cuisine, of course, along with gluten-free and vegan choices.

Be lucky enough to score a table by the windows and you will be able to watch the Fountains of Bellagio show as you have your dinner.

The Weather

Coming from Canada, where it is cold at least seven or eight months of the year, the warm weather in Las Vegas, almost all year round, is so inviting. Being able to walk down the street in November in a light sweater, or go swimming in one of the large hotel pools in April, is very exciting for us. In fact our last trip was in November and the weather was gorgeous. Unfortunately we returned home to a foot of snow and sub zero temperatures. Definitely a quick way to bring us back to reality.

• Michelle

Michelle 06/23/2014 10:12 a.m. #

I love Las Vegas. I've been many times and it just never gets old. There is always something new to do!

Sicorra 06/23/2014 10:31 a.m. #

I know you enjoy going there too. When you went recently did you see the new Linq Ferris Wheel?

Corina Ramos 06/23/2014 11:32 a.m. #

Great post Sicorra.

Makes me want to get over my fear of flying and just go there. :) My sister went with her husband a couple years ago and she had a great time.

I might just get married there ;) Happy Monday girl! Catch up with you soon :).

Sicorra 06/23/2014 2:37 p.m. #

Hey Girl, I say just drive there from where you are. You would so love it once you get there. So much fun.

Hope you get a chance one day soon!

Shannon @ The Heavy Purse 06/23/2014 12:17 p.m. #

We love Las Vegas too. It's nice because it's a quick flight for us and Chris can score some great hotel deals through work. The Bellagio is one of my favorite properties; it's so beautiful. There is so much to do and it's always changing too. And yes, I can imagine Las Vegas feels like heaven temperature wise for you!

Sicorra 06/23/2014 2:38 p.m. #

Yes, you are very fortunate to be so close. And nice that your husband can get you good hotel deals too.

I love the Bellagio. So much to see and do, but then I love the entire strip.

• Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr

Tanya @ Eat Laugh Purr 06/23/2014 4:44 p.m. #

I've been to Vegas several times for work but that's not the best way to experience the city, which unfortunately I've never really had a chance to do. I'm not a big gambler, but there is so much to do there besides gamble. I'd love to go and catch a show or two and explore the dining scene. I can't help but think with my belly. :) I'd like to think all the exploring would cancel all the yummy food I'd eat! And now I am also craving gelato. Yum! And I bet Las Vegas feels like paradise to you. :)

Sicorra 06/23/2014 4:55 p.m. #

Girl, I know you would have a good time being a Foodie. And you are right, all the walking wears it off. Plus you could add in some swimming, and then have a gelato too.

The shows are fun. We once saw David Copperfield and two other times we saw the live play of Mamma Mia.

• Mario Adventuresinfrugal

Mario Adventuresinfrugal 06/24/2014 4:11 a.m. #

There are just so many entertainment options. My favorite thng about Las Vegas is that they're willing to give away great deals on food, entertainment, and lodging because they know they'll make it all back on gaming... Since I don't gamble, it's a win-win :)

Sicorra 06/24/2014 4:30 p.m. #

Yes, you are right, certain locations do that to encourage people to try new things in the hopes they will return again. Great way to get a "taste" of Vegas.

• Lisa E. @ Lisa vs. the Loans

Lisa E. @ Lisa vs. the Loans 06/24/2014 5:44 p.m. #

Vegas is SO MUCH FUN! I always try to make it out to the outlets, but sometimes it's just a little too far from the strip for me and my friends. Oh, and the Bellagio fountains are a MUST!

Sicorra 06/25/2014 2:42 p.m. #

Yes, the fountains are a must. The outlet malls are good if you can take a taxi and share the cost of getting there, but once there you will probably spend a lot anyways :-), so maybe skipping it is good too.